March 01, 2018
The celebrated Susquehanna University Choir, under the direction of Christopher Hoster, will perform at locations throughout the Northeast on its annual spring break tour March 10-18.
Concerts are free and open to the public.
The itinerary includes performances in Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, including a concert at Boston's historic Old North Church, where in 1775 two steeple lanterns signaled to Paul Revere that the British were approaching by sea.
The 42-member University Choir tours each spring and presents a varied program of classical and contemporary music. The University Chamber Singers, a versatile group of 16 musicians, will perform a segment of the concert as well. In addition to the full-length church concerts that are open to the public, the choir will perform at high schools in Greater Philadelphia and Boston.
Performance dates and locations are as follows:
- Saturday, March 10, 7:30 p.m., Basilica of Saints Cyril and Methodius, 580 Railroad St., Danville, Pa.
- Sunday, March 11, 7:30 p.m., St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 415 E. Athens Ave., Ardmore, Pa.
- Tuesday, March 13, 7 p.m., Old North Church, 193 Salem St., Boston, Mass.
- Wednesday, March 14, 7 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 300 Westminster St., Providence, R.I.
- Thursday, March 15, 7 p.m., St. John's Lutheran Church, 200 S. Broad St., Nazareth, Pa.
- Saturday, March 17, 2 p.m., St. Daniel's Lutheran Church, 480 Big Spring Rd., Robesonia, Pa.
- Sunday, March 18, 10:30 a.m. Mass, St. John Baptist de la Salle Catholic Church, 42 Kerrick Road, Shillington, Pa.
- Sunday, March 18, 2 p.m., Jesuit Center, 501 N. Church Rd., Wernersville, Pa., joint concert with Opus One Chamber Choir (There is an admission charge for this concert.)