Welcome to the Office of the Provost. The provost serves the university by overseeing the following areas:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- Sigmund Weis School of Business
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Center for Career Development
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Lore Degenstein Gallery
- Media Center
- Office of the Registrar
- Division of Student Life
We are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
The Sigmund Weis School of Business is accredited by AACSB International, a specialized accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Programs for the preparation of elementary and secondary education teachers at the bachelor's level are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The Department of Music is accredited by the National Association of School of Music and the Department of Chemistry is accredited by the American Chemical Society.
In addition, graduates in accounting are eligible to sit for the New York State licensure examination in Certified Public Accounting.
We're also a member of:
- The American Association of Colleges and Universities
- The American Council on Education
- The Council of Independent Colleges
- The Annapolis Group
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- The Lutheran Educational Conference of North America
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment manages data and information for Susquehanna University, through peer analyses and reporting of university data to accrediting agencies, guidebooks and the National Center for Education Statistics. The office also serves as a resource for assessment of student learning and assessment of institutional effectiveness.
- Susquehanna's U-CAN (University and College Accountability Network)
- Course Catalog
- Tuition Figures
- Susquehanna's Strategic Plan
Dave Ramsaran is the director of institutional effectiveness.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal law that prohibits sex discrimination in education.
While often thought of as a law that applies to athletics programs, Title IX is much broader than athletics. It applies to other programs here as well, including academics and administration.