- Majors & Minors
- Study Abroad
- Academic Calendar
- Central Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Honors Program
- Summer Session
- Due Dates
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Bias Response
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Our Leadership
- History and Traditions
- In the Community
- Title IX
- Event Calendar
As a wife, mother of two and an avid baker, crafter and gardener, my life is busy both in the office as Dean of Students & Campus Life and at home.
I am from a small, rural town in West Tennessee. I was the only daughter and a first generation college student; so achieving not only my BSEd but my MSEd was important to me and my family. I came to college without knowing or understanding the culture of a campus but soon became the product of a residential, diverse, high-touch campus program. I had an amazing campus life experience and each connection I made brought me to the work I do today.
I lived-in professionally at various campuses for fourteen years and I believe that was as much a part of my education as the classroom. I want to assist in creating a campus life experience for students and provide opportunities for growth during these transformative years.
Life is filled with ups, downs, laughter, tears, losses and gains—it is all of these facets that make the experience. My work is not to make things perfect but to help shape a community where students can experience and learn. Building community and being a global citizen are not just buzz-words for me—they are the essence of who I am and my own journey.
Masters of Science, Leadership and Policy Studies
University of Memphis, Memphis, Tenn. May 1994
Bachelors of Science, Physical Education and Fitness Management
University of Memphis, Memphis, Tenn. August 1992
Dean of Students & Campus Life
Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, Pa.July 2015-Present
- Lead and provide vision and strategic direction for campus life, including oncampus living-learning communities and student activities at Susquehanna.
- Supervise the Director of Residence Life and the Director of Student Leadership & Engagement.
- Coordinate the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, leadership development and evaluation of all professional, student, and support staff.
- Partner with members of the faculty to advance student learning and support the University’s academic mission through on-campus living-learning communities.
- Coordinate the university’s conduct process and thorough documentation, implementation, and consistent application of protocols, policies, and procedures to assure legal compliance, the maintenance of high ethical standards, and the use of best practices.
- Assist the Vice President in coordinating the division’s comprehensive annual assessment and reporting process.
- Serve on the Student Life Leadership Team and lead Division of Student Life in the Vice-President’s absence.
- Advise the Vice President, serve as a visible and vocal leader in the Division and the University, and create new strategies to propel the Division forward.
- Serve as Administrative Advisor to the Student Government Association (SGA).
- Serve as “on call” to respond when emergencies and crises occur after normal business hours.
- Partner with the Department of Public Safety and other campus partners in training and preparation of staff in emergency preparedness and crisis management for the Division.
- Serve on various committees as designated by the Vice President.
Associate Dean of Students for Campus Life
The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH July 2006 to Present
Supervision of Departments
- Residence Life
- Residential Custodial Services
- Security and Protective Services
- Student Activities
- Lowry Student Center
- Campus Post Office
- Supervised Directors and Assistant Directors of multiple Student Affairs departments
- Provided direct leadership for various departments in times of open Director roles Budget Management
- Served as operational budget manager for multiple departments
- Determined strategic use of funding for departments
- Coordinated the Level I and II judicial processes
- Served as a Level II hearing officers
- Received aTIXa training and served as Title IX investigator
Renovation and Capital Improvements
- Served on Project Teams for construction and renovation projects
- Designed and implemented capital renovation projects in residential spaces
- Managed capital budgets for residential spaces and campus center
Community Relations and Campus Wide Programs
- Planned and implemented program initiatives to improve campus and community relations
- Planned and implemented programs and events for all campus community including Faculty, Staff, and Students in collaboration with other departments
- Created campus spirit group to increase student spirit and game attendance
- Collaborated with Campus Dining Services to create large scale theme dinners for the campus
- Collaborated with Wayne-Holmes Counties United Way to create Snug In Their Beds, a yearly program that donated beds to children in the community
- Served on planning committees for events such as Homecoming and Senior Weekend
- Served as a member of the Dean of Students academic support staff
- Worked with students placed on Academic Probation
- Served on the College’s First Watch intervention team
- Served a member of a team taught leadership credit course
- Served as a member of leadership team for Wooster Emerging Scholar program
- Served as member of the planning committee for Sophomore Retreat program
- Served as a member of the planning committee for ARCH summer registration program
Student Leadership Development
- Served as a member of the Woo Corps work program leadership committee
- Served as advisor to the Woo Corps garden and program house
- Served as advisor to the Woo Crew spirit group
Crisis Management and Response
- Member of 24-hour On Call Dean’s Response Team
- Member of the Dean’s security and judicial review group
- Member of College of Wooster Emergency Response Committee
- Created the Campus Life Emergency Response Plan
Assistant Dean of Students/ Director of Residence Life
Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY June 2000 to June 2006
- Assisted the Vice President and Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs on division-wide and campus-wide initiatives
- Served on the Vice President's advisory council
- Crafted the philosophy, vision and strategic planning of Residence Life
- Administrated all aspects of the Residence Life program, which housed 800 students in six residence halls, seven theme houses, and one apartment complex
- Directed the judicial process for the residential system
Residential Life Area Director
Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN August 1996 to June 2000
Residence Life Complex Director
Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY August 1994 to May 1996
- EDUC-125 Residential Leadership