We opened on Sept. 1, 1858, as The Missionary Institute of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, officially becoming Susquehanna University in 1895.
During the 20th century, we transformed into a four-year university offering a range of bachelor’s degrees for students. In 1903, the school adopted the colors orange and maroon. Throughout the years, we’ve developed a variety of traditions. Learn more below!