March 07, 2018
Susquehanna University graphic design students walked away with the majority of awards during the recent American Advertising Federation's Greater Frederick (Md.) ADDY Awards ceremony. Twenty-six of the 38 ADDYs awarded, including the coveted Best in Show award, were won by Susquehanna students.
"Our students consistently prove their ability to stretch their imaginations to create compelling, cutting-edge designs," said Mark Fertig, associate professor and chair of the Department of Art at Susquehanna. "Their success speaks to the impressive talent we have at Susquehanna and the education they are receiving here."
Alyssa Rogers, a junior from Yardley, Pa., won a gold ADDY and Best of Show, which includes a $500 prize, for her Queen City Café branding campaign.
Other award winners were:
- Yu Zha, senior, Nanjing, China, two gold ADDYs, film noir festival program and theater poster for Into the Woods; three silver ADDYs, Besso's stationery package, Visit Las Vegas travel ad campaign and Dieter Rams website
- Yaling Yu, China, two gold ADDYs, theater poster for Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman and Miss Dior advertising photography; silver ADDY, Perfect Crime stationery package
- Remy Perez, senior, Danville, Pa., gold ADDY, Zest Cleaning identity package; silver ADDY, theater poster for Stephen Sondheim's Assassins
- Amy Couch, junior, Plainville, Conn., silver, theater poster for NO EXIT
- Michaella Currie, senior, West Grove, Pa., silver, "High" Society illustration
- Kelly Eidbo, junior, Meadville, Pa., silver, Pen & Porter Brewery packaging
- Valorie Erikson, junior, Doylestown, Pa., silver, Expedition Smokehouse logo
- Gunner Feldmann, junior, Danville, Pa., gold, Ultimate Rivalry DVD packaging
- Katie Grim, junior, Windsor, Pa., silver, Fort Yukon Beer variety sampler
- LeighAnn Miller, junior, Wyalusing, Pa., gold, Native Market logo
- Ashley Porter, junior, Bedford, N.H., silver, Authentic West seed packets
- Christiana Straub, junior, Milford, N.J., silver, Ten In One Beer packaging
- Rebecca Wilson, junior, Warrington, Pa., silver, Darn Good Chips packaging
- Annie Wise, junior, Lititz, Pa., silver, Darn Good Chips packaging
- Jennifer Workoff, junior, Coplay, Pa., silver, Mt. Rainier Bar & Grille packaging
- Ashley Van Dyken, junior, Hillsdale, N.J., silver, Tectonic Coffee packaging
Each year, advertising professionals and students enter their work in the American Advertising Awards district-level competition, which comprises Delaware, Washington D.C., Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
The competition's main categories span all facets of advertising, including sales and marketing; print; online; film, video and sound; and cross platform.