February 11, 2019
The Susquehanna University Choir, under the direction of Amy Voorhees, will perform at locations throughout Pennsylvania on its annual spring break tour March 8-12.
Concerts are free and open to the public.
The 42-member University Choir tours each spring and presents a varied program of classical and contemporary music. In addition to the full-length church concerts that are open to the public, the choir will perform at high schools in Greater Harrisburg and Philadelphia areas.
Their repertoire includes pieces such as Kasar mie la gaji by Alberto Grau; Let all Mortal Flesh Keep Silence by Gustov Holst; Tango to Evora by Loreena McKennitt; and Muusica by Arvo Pärt.
Performance dates and locations are as follows:
- Friday, March 8, 7:30 p.m., Hershey High School, 550 Homestead Road, Hershey, Pa.
- Saturday, March 9, 7 p.m., St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 201 W. Louther St., Carlisle, Pa.
- Sunday, March 10, 9:30 a.m., Highland Presbyterian Church, 500 E. Roseville Road, Lancaster, Pa.
- Monday, March 11, 7:30 p.m., Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 311 Haines Road, York, Pa.
- Tuesday, March 12, 7 p.m., Saint Paul's Lutheran Church, 301 N. Main St., Doylestown, Pa.