Susquehanna University is:
- A selective, residential, national liberal-arts college focused on deliberate preparation for professions, careers, and engaged citizenship;
- A learning community that supports excellence in scholarship, research, creative activity, and collaboration in and out of the classroom among faculty, staff, and student;
- A diverse community that cultivates inclusive excellence, intercultural competence, and global citizenship;
- An innovative community whose faculty and staff are its greatest resource;
- A collaborative community that expects ethical behavior and mutual respect from all its members;
- A responsible community committed to financial and environmental sustainability;
- An engaged community that inspires and empowers alumni to be perpetual stewards of their alma mater;
- A welcoming community that honors its Lutheran heritage through a commitment to service in the region and the world and the free and open exploration of ideas; and
- A beautiful campus that fosters a holistic living and learning experience.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees, 28 October 2019.