Past Themes 2009-10
What does it mean to be educated?
This topic was chosen along with a collection of additional questions intended to stir thinking across the Susquehanna community:
- How do we gain awareness of what we know vs. what we don't know, and how to fill the voids?
- How do we distinguish fact and evidence from opinion?
- Is there a relationship between education and citizenship?
- What does it mean to be a citizen of the world?
- How do varying perspectives on the past influence our present worldview?
- What do we need to understand about the natural world to be effective stewards of the planet?
- How does education contribute to development of one's moral and ethical values and behaviors consistent with those values?
- How do various modes of human expression affect our understanding of one another?