The new campus living room
Coffee and snacks in a library? A complimentary phone-charging station? Book worms and casual visitors are welcome to the new and improved Blough-Weis Library. Come check us out.
Regular Fall & Spring Semester Hours
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
2016 Fall Break Hours
Friday, October 14th - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday, October 15th - Closed
Sunday, October 16th - Closed
Monday, October 17th - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, October 18th - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Regular schedule resumes Wednesday October 19th
The Blough-Weis Library supports the academic vibrancy of Susquehanna University by providing quality resources and services that help members of the campus community pursue their intellectual and cultural interests. As a teaching library, we prepare undergraduate students to thrive in an information-rich world by giving them the skills to locate, evaluate, and apply information needed to succeed in their academic pursuits and as life-long consumers of information.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Educating faculty and students about library resources critical to academic success and personal enrichment.
- Teaching students to become efficient and ethical seekers and users of information.
- Providing students with focused and personalized research consultations.
- Collaborating with faculty to improve student success in the classroom and after graduation by creating effective information literacy programming.
- Proactively seeking and acquiring research materials that best support the university's curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with the campus community about library resources, services, and other topics of interest.
- Keeping online resources and services operating 24/7 to the greatest extent possible.
- Providing comfortable, functional, and accessible space and technology for academic, cultural, and social gatherings.
- Effectively managing the library's budget to provide high quality resources and services in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Maintaining a well-trained and highly knowledgeable staff and student workforce.
The lower level is home to our archives, video and scores collections, children's literature and more.
Completely renovated and redesigned in 2014, the main floor features a one-stop service desk, café, teaching lab, study and collaboration spaces, and a theater for film viewing.
The second floor houses our main collection, as well as rare books, and has several spaces for studying and teaching.
Crusader History Harvest
Sept. 10, 2016 – 9-11 a.m.
Preserve your Crusader History with our first-ever History Harvest!
Bring your favorite Crusader-themed photo, memorabilia, or object and let us digitize it for the University Archives. Sit down with a current student for a brief interview and share your favorite Crusader stories for current and future generations to hear. All items digitized on site and returned to you.
Faculty Scholarship Presentation
Sept. 19 and Oct. 27. 2016 — 4:15-6 p.m.
Blough-Weis Library and the Committee for Faculty Scholarship (CFS) announce a series of talks to be held throughout 2016-17. The series aims to recognize the accomplishments of SU faculty as scholars and to raise awareness among SU faculty of their colleagues' research interests and activity. Refreshments will be provided.
Tailgating Open House
Sept. 21, 2016 — 1-5 p.m.
Students take a self-guided tour of the library to learn about the physical space and all of the excellent services being offered to them.
Banned Books Week
Sept. 25-Oct. 1, 2016
Stop in for refreshments while you listen to Susquehanna faculty and students read excerpts from some of their favorite banned books, in celebration of Banned Books Week. Events will be announced on MySU.
Local History Harvest
Oct. 22, 2016
Community members are asked to bring in personal artifacts and heirlooms significant to our area's history. Items will be digitized and the library will conduct brief interviews with the owner on its origins and significance.
Dec. 8, 2016 — 2-4 p.m.
Therapy dogs from the Susquehanna Valley visit Blough-Weis Library to help students relax and unwind before the stress of finals begin!
Dec. 9, 2016 — 9 p.m. - midnight
Annual library event before fall semester finals. Students take a break from work to relax and spend time with friends doing yoga, playing mini-golf, making smoothies, and getting massages!
National Library Week
April 9 — 15, 2017
National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April. It is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation's libraries, librarians and to promote library use and support.
Faculty Scholarship Presentation
April 20, 2017 — 4:15 - 6 p.m.
The Student Advisory Committee gathers student input regarding library resources and services and provides a channel of communication between the librarians and students. The committee makes recommendations and presents new ideas to help expand the mission of the library and increase its value to the Susquehanna University community.