The new campus living room
Coffee and snacks in a library? A complimentary phone-charging station? Book worms and casual visitors are welcome to the new and improved Blough-Weis Library. Come check us out.
Regular Fall & Spring Semester Hours
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Mid-term Break October 19 – 22, 2019
Saturday & Sunday, October 19 & 20, Closed
Monday & Tuesday, October 21 & 22, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 23, resume regular hours
The Blough-Weis Library supports the academic vibrancy of Susquehanna University by providing quality resources and services that help members of the campus community pursue their intellectual and cultural interests. As a teaching library, we prepare undergraduate students to thrive in an information-rich world by giving them the skills to locate, evaluate, and apply information needed to succeed in their academic pursuits and as life-long consumers of information.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Educating faculty and students about library resources critical to academic success and personal enrichment.
- Teaching students to become efficient and ethical seekers and users of information.
- Providing students with focused and personalized research consultations.
- Collaborating with faculty to improve student success in the classroom and after graduation by creating effective information literacy programming.
- Proactively seeking and acquiring research materials that best support the university's curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with the campus community about library resources, services, and other topics of interest.
- Keeping online resources and services operating 24/7 to the greatest extent possible.
- Providing comfortable, functional, and accessible space and technology for academic, cultural, and social gatherings.
- Effectively managing the library's budget to provide high quality resources and services in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Maintaining a well-trained and highly knowledgeable staff and student workforce.
The lower level is home to our archives, video and scores collections, children's literature and more.
Completely renovated and redesigned in 2014, the main floor features a one-stop service desk, café, teaching lab, study and collaboration spaces, and a theater for film viewing.
The second floor houses our main collection, as well as rare books, and has several spaces for studying and teaching.
The Student Advisory Committee gathers student input regarding library resources and services and provides a channel of communication between the librarians and students. The committee makes recommendations and presents new ideas to help expand the mission of the library and increase its value to the Susquehanna University community.