Susquehanna encourages the return of all students who took time away from the university for personal reasons. To request a return from leave, you must first complete the Intention to Reenter Form. Once your form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email and further instructions to assist with your return.
Students who left the University due to nonvoluntary conditions should refer to their leave of absence letter for information on their return, including dates and conditions.
Returning from a Medical Leave of Absence
In order to be considered for return, we ask that you seek medical treatment to resolve the issue and/or participate in ongoing therapeutic care while you are away. Students who are approved for a Medical Leave of Absence (MLOA) are generally expected to spend at least three months and up to one full semester away from the university to focus on treatment and recovery from the matters that precipitated the MLOA.
When you believe you are ready to return to Susquehanna, you should contact the coordinator of transitions and completion in the Center for Academic Success at email@example.com or 570-372-4412.
- You will be asked to provide the dean of health and wellness records documenting the care that you received during your absence from the university.
- Submit a release for each mental health provider seen during your diagnosis and treatment.
- Request that each provider submit the Readmission Provider Report Form regarding your readiness to return to full-time studies at a residential college.
- Submit a letter reflecting on any additional activities you participated in to promote personal wellness and describing a success plan for your return.
To allow time for processing requests for readmission, all required materials must be received by the deadline for the semester you intend to return
- Fall semester: June 15
- Spring semester: Nov. 15
- Summer semester: March 15