Registering for courses is easy — with the help of EAB Navigate.
Open the Academic Planning Tool on a desktop computer or laptop. (Note: The tool does not work on mobile devices.)
Plan your courses.
(Watch this planning how-to video.)
- Click on the Planner tab (top left side) to build next semester’s courses based on requirements for your major and those that fulfill the central curriculum.
- Schedule a meeting with your advisor, who can help you build out your plan.
- For a total four-year look at your academics, work ahead and plan future semesters. You can see your completed semesters in the tool too.
Schedule your sections.
(Watch this scheduling how-to video.)
- Click View/Edit Schedule under a planned term (on the right) to add sections of the courses you want to take next semester.
- Note when the sections are offered for each course, and see how to fit them into a schedule that works for you.
Register your courses for next semester.
- When your 26-hour registration window is open, click Register at the top of your detailed schedule.
- Remember, course availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students, refer to your email for your class year’s opening and closing registration dates.
- Download the EAB Navigate app.
- Check that you don’t have any holds on your account (an alert will appear in the app if there is a hold; stop by the Hawk Hub and we can help you look into resolving any holds that could prevent you from registering).
- Add the dates of your registration window to your calendar and/or planner (registration occurs by class year, and dates are listed below and in the EAB Navigate app).
As part of your planning process, before registering during your scheduled time, remember the following:
- If changing your major/minor, submit the form at least three business days prior to your registration window.
- Check the prerequisites for your intended courses. Make sure you have completed or are currently enrolled in them.
- If you need instructor permission to enroll in a course due to missing prerequisites, etc., be in touch now so the approval can be in place by your registration window.