My teaching aims to address both Spanish language acquisition as well as critical cultural analysis, where a deeper consideration of social and cultural contexts of Spanish-speaking regions broadens students’ appreciation for diversity. In my classes, we explore and dialogue with a variety of perspectives, including ones that may challenge commonly held points of view.
This approach to teaching is largely influenced by my research interests in 20th- and 21st-century Central American literary and cultural production. The critical questions with which I most frequently engage center on issues of social equality, processes of discrimination and marginalization, and projects of resistance.
- OFFS-PUERTO Service and Culture in Puerto Rico
- SPAN-201 Intermediate Spanish I
- SPAN-202 Intermediate Spanish II
- SPAN-302 Grammar and Composition
- SPAN-310 Topics: Latin America