Karol K. Weaver, Ph.D.
I received my Ph.D. from the Pennsylvania State University, and I have written two books, Medical Revolutionaries: The Enslaved Healers of Eighteenth-Century Saint Domingue (University of Illinois Press) and Medical Caregiving and Identity in Pennsylvania's Anthracite Region, 1880-2000 (Penn State Press).
My current research is on the history of psychiatric nursing in the anthracite coal region. I teach courses about U.S. history, American women's history and the history of medicine.
In my spare time, I enjoy running, walking, reading and spending time with my husband and children.
- HIST-111 United States History to 1877
- HIST-300 History Methods
- HIST-313 Social History of the United States
- HIST-322 Pennsylvania History
- HIST-323 History of American Medicine
- HIST-389 Enlightenment & Revolution
- HIST-390 Hist of American Women's Hlth
- HIST-501 Independent Study
- HONS-301 Enlightenment & Revolution
- HONS-301 History Methods
- HONS-301 History of American Medicine
- HONS-301 Social History of the U.S.
- WMST-100 Introduction to Women's Studies
- WMST-400 Hist of American Women's Hlth
- WMST-500 Women's Studies Research
- WMST-505 Independent Study