- Majors & Minors
- Study Abroad
- Academic Calendar
- Central Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Honors Program
- Winter Session
- Due Dates
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Bias Response
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Our Leadership
- History and Traditions
- In the Community
- Title IX
- Event Calendar
Michael E. Ozlanski, Ph.D.
Joining the faculty at Susquehanna in the Fall of 2015 was quite literally a homecoming for me because I graduated from SU in 2005 with an accounting degree. I began my professional career on the audit staff of PricewaterhouseCoopers (now known simply as PwC) in Philadelphia. Although the work was exciting and engaging, I realized that my true "calling" was to be a professor. I enrolled in a Ph.D. program at Virginia Tech in 2009, and I never looked back. It's a true privilege to be a college professor. Every day, I interact with intelligent young adults, share my excitement about accounting with others, and work on accounting and auditing research projects that can inform the academy and the profession.
I live in Selinsgrove with my wife who is also an SU graduate and my two golden retrievers. Outside of the classroom, I enjoy jogging, hiking, kayaking, and listening to live music.
1. Gimbar C., B. Hansen, and M. Ozlanski. 2016. Early Evidence on the Effect of Critical Audit Matters on Auditor Liability. Current Issues in Auditing (forthcoming).
2. Gimbar C., B. Hansen, and M. Ozlanski. 2016. The Effects of Critical Audit Matter Paragraphs and Accounting Standard Precision on Auditor Liability. The Accounting Review (forthcoming).
1. "Kabbage: An Audit by Another Name? Providing Capital to Nourish Small Businesses" Presented at the 2015 Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA).
2. "The Effects of Critical Audit Matter Paragraphs and Standard Precision on Auditor Liability: Can Anything the Auditor Says Be Used Against Them?" Presented at a breakfast roundtable at the 2015Auditing Midyear Meeting
3. "Detecting Deception in Audit Interactions: Extending Interpersonal Deception Theory into Accounting." Presented at the 2014 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting
4. "Effects of Principles vs. Rules Based Accounting Standards and Increased Audit Reporting on Investors' Perceptions of Management's Reporting Credibility." Presented at the 2013 International Accounting Section Midyear Meeting
5. "Effects of Principles vs. Rules Based Accounting Standards and Management Accountability on Investors' Perceptions of Management's Reporting Credibility." Presented at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Department of Accounting Workshop, April 2012
- ACCT-200 Financial Accounting
- ACCT-420 Auditing
- ACCT-503 Internship
- MGMT-102 Global Business Perspectives
- MGMT-503 Business Internship
- OFFP-BRITLAW British Law, Commerce and Culture
- OFFP-SWSB SWSB London Program Planning
- OFFR-BRITLAW British Law, Commerce and Culture
- OFFS-BRITLAW British Law, Commerce and Culture