- Majors & Minors
- Study Abroad
- Academic Calendar
- Central Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Honors Program
- Winter Session
- Graduate Results
- Success Stories
- Career Development Center
- Centers and Lectureships
- Academic Resources
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Our Leadership
- History and Traditions
- In the Community
- Title IX
Rick Davis, M.Tax/J.D.
As an accounting and business law professor in the Sigmund Weis School of Business, I enjoy getting to know new business students and sharing what
I have learned over my business career.
I have come to appreciate that the law is all around us, and the law is an important part of our business world.
My specialty is tax law, having developed this area of expertise as a tax lawyer for the Internal Revenue Service, and then later as a tax accountant with KPMG.
I came to Susquehanna University to follow my dream of pursuing an academic career in a small college town at a small liberal arts college.
I especially enjoy working with students and helping them prepare for careers in the business world. My biggest satisfaction has been directing the SWSB London program three times, and directing the GO British Law and Culture program four times. When one program ends, preparation for the next begins, and I love it. I also enjoy involving students with volunteer work-preparing tax returns for the low-income and the elderly, and I helped create a new community program for assisting juveniles who get into trouble with the law.
My outside interests include time with family, golf and travel.
- ACCT-210 Legal Environment
- ACCT-220 Introduction to Taxation
- ACCT-305 Federal Taxation
- ACCT-405 Federal Taxes II
- ACCT-501 Independent Study
- ACCT-503 Internship
- INTD-133 British Theatre
- INTD-134 British History/Culture London
- LBMM-416 Intellectual Property & Luxury Industry
- LGST-505 Internship: North Penn Legal
- MGMT-102 Global Business Perspectives
- MGMT-351 Seminar in European Business Operations
- MGMT-360 Management & Organizational Behavior
- MGMT-404 Business and Social Responsibility
- MGMT-467 Business Ethics
- MGMT-503 Business Internship
- OFFC-SWSB Semester in London, England
- OFFP-BRITLAW British Law and Culture
- OFFP-BRITLAW British Law, Commerce and Culture
- OFFP-SWSB SWSB London Program Planning
- OFFR-BRITLAW British Law and Culture
- OFFR-SWSB SWSB London Program Reflection
- OFFS-BRITLAW British Law and Culture