Real-life accounting experience for business majors
Adding a minor in professional accounting to your business major is a great way to make yourself more valuable to any employer and open up new career options.
A minor in professional accounting from Susquehanna can give you the skills, hands-on experience and knowledge to excel in whatever industry you’d like. We’ve been extremely successful in preparing public accountants and give them every opportunity to apply their trade. It gives you the flexibility to choose another major within the Sigmund Weis School of Business, including finance or marketing, and still sit for the CPA exam.
In addition to reading balance sheets and income statements, you’ll be more prepared to cash in on life after graduation because you’ll:
- Learn federal tax code
- Study auditing with former government professionals
- Have a foundation in business classes beyond accounting
- Travel and experience different cultures and business norms
- Work in teams on case studies and make presentations to industry leaders
- Know what it takes to join a public accounting firm
This minor is a wise investment in your future—giving you the career flexibility and depth of knowledge to succeed in businesses of all sizes, international nonprofits and government.