Craft your story
Susquehanna will power your natural curiosity and storytelling abilities. You will gain foundational skills like writing, editing, interviewing and even multimedia production — plus the critical-thinking and problem-solving skills from your well-rounded liberal arts education — to empower your storytelling. From podcasting to traditional newspaper reporting, you will develop research skills and learn to adapt content for varying news media to succeed in the ever-evolving world of journalism.
Susquehanna provides platforms for journalism and digital content majors, including the student-run newspaper, The Quill, the LensFlare student broadcasting group and other professional student clubs.
Promote ethical journalism
Media professionals need to be curious, flexible and ethical in their pursuit of the news. At Susquehanna, you’ll be challenged to study journalism ethics and theory in the classroom. Discuss journalistic ethics and the benefits of news coverage to understand the importance of media to the public.
As a journalism and digital content major, you'll have the leadership skills and real-world experience to succeed. And we can connect you with accomplished alumni to help you land your first job.
You will be ready to take on top-level jobs at media outlets and corporations with your Susquehanna education. Our journalism graduates have landed jobs with:
- ABC 27 WHTM
- Fox 29 WTXF-TV
- Hollywood Media Corporation
- National Geographic Society
- Rockstar San Diego
- Sapient Nitro
- Six Flags America
- Tiffany & Co.
Susquehanna offers a plethora of opportunities for you to practice your journalism skills and connect with communications students from all disciplines.
- WQSQ-FM—campus radio station
- LensFlare—creating instructional videos for students and staff on campus
- Alpha Epsilon Rho—national broadcasting honor society
- Lambda Pi Eta—official honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA)
- The Quill—student newspaper
- Susquehanna athletics department
- University Marketing and Communications Student Digital Media Team