Learning to make sports stories jump off the page and the screen
Sports media is exploding. Jobs in this area are expected to grow by 13% by 2031. As a sports media major at Susquehanna University, you will gain professional skills and be part of the action from day one, narrating a play-by-play livestream of Saturday’s big game or hosting your own sports radio show. You will practice your sports broadcasting skills behind the mic while you are learning about sports journalism, communication and management in the classroom.
With proximity to Philadelphia, New York City and the D.C./Baltimore area, Susquehanna University offers you the chance to meet and collaborate with all kinds of teams. And sometimes the experts come to you. Meet sports media professionals hosted on campus who provide insights and recommendations on getting the most out of your studies and experiences.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Philadelphia Eagles’ operation, hosted by a Susquehanna alumnus.
- Network at the Baseball Winter Meetings or attend an Association for Women in Sports Media convention.
- Broadcast live from Susquehanna University River Hawks’ athletic events.
The latest technologies at your fingertips ensure that you’re ready for when doors open for you. You’ll have access to our award-winning radio station, a state-of-the-art video production studio, a modern podcast production suite, a student-run campus newspaper dedicated to extensive sports coverage and an Athletic Communications Office that mentors students through jobs and internships.
- student-led sports productions per week
- sports media professional guests per semester
- hands-on, on-campus sports media opportunities for students