Cunningham Center for Music and Art is home to our premier performance space: Stretansky Concert Hall, a magnificent 320-seat venue designed specifically for music performance. Take a look around Cunningham>>
The hall is used solely by the music department, so there’s no competition with other departments for time on stage. The acoustics are perfectly designed for both solo and large ensemble performances.
Filled with large windows and abundant natural light, Cunningham is also home to:
- Thirty-two music practice rooms, with dedicated space for large instruments like harp, harpsichord, and organ. Practice room instruments are tuned regularly and most upright pianos have been replaced within the last six years.
- Group rehearsal areas
- Heilman Hall for large ensemble rehearsals
- Lounge dedicated to art and music students
- Computer music lab featuring Macintosh computers with midi keyboards and the latest software, including Finale, Audacity, Garageband, iMovie, iWeb, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Two percussion rooms, one for mallet percussion and another battery percussion. Rooms are available to percussion majors for lessons, practice time and ensemble rehearsals.
Our music education center, located in nearby Fisher Hall, offers a resource room, classroom, instrument storage and space for our Music Preparatory Program.
Weber Chapel Auditorium seats 1,500 and plays host to numerous musical performances. The auditorium features one of the largest revolving stages on the East Coast with performance facilities on one side and chancel on the other. The venue is home to beautifully refurbished Dobson and Moeller organs, on which students often practice and perform. Take a look around Weber>>
There’s a music technology center with analog and digital recording stations, a computer music composition station and a real-time computer music system used to create interactive music and multimedia for live performance. The piano lab features 12 Yamaha Clavinova keyboards, a teacher’s station and a keyboard visualizer. A multipurpose room is available for various student rehearsal activities, including handbell choir, amplified combos and musical theater.
Our Music Facilities