Open Doors to Law Careers
Be ready to succeed in law school or another law-related career in our new legal studies major.
Real-world experience will be yours through a guaranteed, paid internship with our Arlin M. Adams Center for Law and Society. Write briefs in the district attorney’s office, discuss legal opinions with judges and clerks in the county court, represent a child’s interests as a court-appointed advocate and more.
You’ll get a broad-based introduction to the nature and function of the law and our legal system—giving you the freedom to discover if you’d like to continue to law school or pursue a career in a related field like court administration, criminal investigations, public administration or nonprofit work.
Because our bold curriculum is rooted in the liberal arts, you'll also develop essential skills like writing, teamwork, presentations, critical thinking, interpersonal relationships and leadership.
A Susquehanna education provides students with flexibility in coursework so they can conduct research, intern and study abroad. When it comes to your major, you’ll begin taking classes in your chosen program of study in your first year.
Here are some of the courses that legal studies majors take in their first few semesters at Susquehanna.
- Legal Environment
- Law and Politics
- Crime and Justice
- Civil Liberties
Download the current course catalog on this page to see the full list of classes and course descriptions for Susquehanna’s majors.
Susquehanna students have an excellent acceptance record at law schools across the country. Graduates have gained admission to the following schools in recent years:
- American University, Washington College of Law
- Capital University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Delaware Law School
- Dickinson School of Law
- Duquesne University School of Law
- Florida State University
- Fordham University
- George Mason School of Law
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Hofstra University School of Law
- Indiana University
- Lewis and Clark Law School
- New England Law
- New York University
- Notre Dame
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- Rutgers University- Newark
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Stetson University College of Law
- Suffolk University Law School
- Syracuse University
- Temple University Beasley School of Law
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Akron
- University of Baltimore
- University at Buffalo School of Law
- University of Chicago
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- University of Denver College of Law
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law
- University of Maryland School of Law
- University of Michigan Law School
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Vermont Law School
- Wake Forest
- Widener School of Law
- William & Mary
Gain invaluable real-world experience as you take an up-close look at the criminal justice system with the help of our Arlin M. Adams Center for Law and Society.
The center helps students land internships and do field research that impacts law enforcement both locally and throughout the country.Learn More