Susquehanna University recognizes the important role that internships and other experiential learning opportunities play in helping students develop a professional network and plan for their post-Susquehanna futures. Susquehanna strives to make those opportunities available for all interested students, and effective with students matriculating in Fall 2019, Susquehanna is guaranteeing international internship opportunities for all eligible students enrolled in the Sigmund Weis School of Business.
In order to be eligible, students must:
- Have declared and be enrolled in a major within the Sigmund Weis School of Business.
- Have completed all recommend first- and second-year business coursework as described in the course catalog by the time the internship is scheduled to begin.
- Have a 2.3 or higher cumulative GPA at the time they apply for the internship and at the time the internship begins.
- Not be on disciplinary probation, nor have a record of a disciplinary infraction resulting in suspension, at the time they apply for the internship and at the time the internship begins.
- Meet all legal requirements for internship travel abroad.
- Submit complete application materials by no later than Nov. 15 of their junior year.
- Timely respond to requests from and follow the instructions of University staff and placement providers/locations regarding international internship opportunities, including attending required meetings and information sessions.
Susquehanna University collaborates with providers around the world to facilitate the International Internship Guarantee Program. The Program is subject to the following additional terms:
- While Susquehanna endeavors to assist students to achieve their preferred outcomes, it cannot guarantee the particular nature, compensation or credit award (if any), location (city or country) or length of available international internships.
- While Susquehanna facilitates the Program, the internship relationship is between the placement site and the student.
- Civil or political unrest, natural disasters and other factors beyond Susquehanna’s control may limit the availability of internships or require that Susquehanna, at its discretion, end an internship early. In those situations, Susquehanna will attempt to identify alternative internship opportunities during an impacted student’s period of enrollment, but cannot guarantee that a placement will be available.
Updated: Feb. 4, 2020