- Majors & Minors
- Study Abroad
- Academic Calendar
- Central Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Honors Program
- Summer Session
- Graduate Results
- Success Stories
- Career Development Center
- Centers and Lectureships
- Academic Resources
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Student & Campus Services
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
- Our Leadership
- History and Traditions
- In the Community
- Title IX
Join us from Sunday, June 25 to Saturday, July 1 for this year's institute
Live the life of an entrepreneur this summer with Susquehanna University’s Sigmund Weis School of Business.
The Leadership Institute for Entrepreneurship (LIFE) at Susquehanna University provides high school students like you with an exclusive leadership opportunity to better prepare you for future success.
Working in a simulated entrepreneurial setting, you and your teammates will start and run your own business. Your team will also engage in a variety of business-related competitions and develop your own infomercial. During this exciting and challenging week, you will acquire leadership and team-building skills, develop new friendships and learn valuable lessons from the pros.
And because you will live with Susquehanna University business majors in residence halls, you will hear firsthand what it’s like to go to the Sigmund Weis School of Business, a world-class undergraduate business school.
Are you a high school student looking to live the life of an entrepreneur for a week?
Join us for LIFE, a week-long summer educational experience during which you'll work in teams, start and run your own business, create an infomercial and more.
The Leadership Institute for Entrepreneurship will be June 25 – July 1, 2017. Applications will be accepted until all spots are filled.Apply Now
The cost is $795.
- Housing in a modern residence hall setting
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university's cafeteria or on field trip sites
- Educational materials such as books and software
- Field trip transportation to local entrepreneurial startup businesses and family owned and operated amusement park, as time allows
Students should bring spending money for admission to amusement park, bookstore purchases, snacks and other personal expenses.
Why should you attend LIFE? Because you'll:
1. Gain real-world entrepreneurial experience and skills like planning, marketing, pricing and advertising.
2. Develop team-building skills valued by today's employers and investors.
3. Get a preview of life on a college campus.
4. Strengthen your resume for college and job applications.
5. Discover the entrepreneur in you.
6. Gain a new sense of self-confidence.
7. Feel what it's like to be part of the Susquehanna family
You should arrive on campus on Sunday, June 25, between 3 and 5 p.m. The formal welcome begins at 5 p.m.
Highlights of the week include:
- Welcome and ice cream social
- Variety of entrepreneurship presentations and simulation programs
- Dining etiquette exercise
- Amusement park visit
- Visits with and to local entrepreneurial businesses
- Formal end-of-session presentations
The program concludes on Saturday, July 1, with parents encouraged to attend. An extended breakfast with the dean, the Sigmund Weis School of Business faculty and parents will be held from 8 to 9:15 a.m. LIFE participants will present their final presentations and infomercials on Saturday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- 8-8:45 a.m.-Breakfast
- 9-10 a.m.-Introduction to computer simulation
- 10-10:15 a.m.-Break
- 10:15-11:30 a.m.-Computer simulation
- 11:30-12:30 p.m.-Lunch
- 1-2 p.m.-Keynote address
- 2-2:20 p.m.-Meeting with keynote speaker and snack
- 2:30-4:15 p.m.-Computer simulation
- 6-7:30 p.m.- Power dining experience
- 8-9:30 p.m.-Swimming, basketball, etc.
- 10 p.m.-Group meeting
- Midnight-Lights out
- Toiletry items
- Towels and washcloths
- Blankets and pillows (NOTE: sheets and pillowcases are provided)
- Sports equipment
- A desk lamp
- Alarm clock
- Musical instruments
- School supplies such as paper, pens and pencils
- Casual clothing for class sessions and outings
- A formal outfit for the dining etiquette exercise and formal presentation
- Athletic clothing for swimming, basketball and other activities (including bathing suits, swimming trunks or shorts without zippers or buttons on the outside for water park rides)
- Spending money
"The LIFE program helped me gain insightful knowledge of entrepreneurship and business management. As a business major at Susquehanna University, I feel LIFE has given me a clear advantage over other students. My LIFE program experience and view of the business program were the largest influential factors affecting my decision to study here." -Jim Weyent
"The LIFE program was such an amazing experience that I could have stayed for another two weeks at least. Thanks again!"-Rob Langtry
"Thank you for giving our son Zachary the memory and experience of a lifetime."-Marc and Jacqui Litif
"I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part in this wonderful experience...I hope that future young entrepreneurs will get the same chance that I did to shine."-Brenton Wanner
"It was one of the best experiences of my life."-Kevin T. Weyant
"Thank you for the wonderful time I had at the Leadership Institute for Entrepreneurship program."-Paul Anderson
"Many students tell me LIFE was 'the best week of my life.' I think the key to such a wonderful experience is the combination of real-life, successful entrepreneurs, lifelong educators, and college-age program assistants who are all passionate about seeing each and every student have a fun-filled educational week with us. "-Tom Houck, parent of former LIFE students and former entrepreneur-in-residence
You'll need a recommendation from anyone who knows you well and is not a relative, such as a teacher, guidance counselor, supervisor for a job or a volunteer position you hold, religious leader, etc.
Attn: Jayme Long
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
% of LIFE students enroll in business program26th
year of program1
experience of a lifetime