After careful consideration, we have decided it’s best to cancel this in-person program scheduled for this summer. This was a very hard choice to make, but we think it’s the best decision, given the current situations all around the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Full refunds will be given in the coming days. Please feel free to contact Michelle Harman if you have any questions surrounding this cancellation.
While our in-person programs are cancelled, we are still running our online Summer Session for-credit courses which include languages, communication, and science courses with lab credits just to name a few. Click here to view our Summer Session offerings.
Stay well and know that we appreciate your interest in Susquehanna University.
Join us from July 5–11, 2020
Do you love to sing?
Then consider our High School Choral Institute, a unique summer performance experience. This residential program focuses on improving students' musicianship, vocal technique and choral performance skills.
- Be free from distractions as you totally immerse yourself in music
- Learn, polish and perfect choral repertoire with an emphasis on interpretation, style and presentation
- Develop vocal performance skills in group and private settings
- Strengthen basic musicianship (music theory, sight-reading, aural skills and solfege)
- Build relationships and valuable connections with peers and professional musicians
- Develop audition repertoire and techniques for future musical endeavors
- Acquire transferable skills: independence, creativity, problem-solving and teamwork in a musical setting
- Gain insight into college music opportunities for both majors and non-majors alike
- Sing in the institute choir conducted by Dr. Amy Voorhees.
- Take classes in music theory, conducting, diction and voice science.
- Receive group vocal instruction from Susquehanna University voice faculty.
- Hear performances by Susquehanna students and faculty.
- Participate in the closing concert in our premier performing venue, Stretansky Concert Hall.
- Experience a week in the life of a Susquehanna music student.
- Before May 1: $750
- After May 1: $850
This includes housing in a modern residence hall setting; breakfast, lunch and dinner in the university's dining hall; choral music and classroom materials; and campus social activities
Scholarships are available based on financial need and academic performance. No full-tuition scholarships are available.
A letter from your guidance counselor, indicating your eligibility for free/reduced lunch or other measure(s) of financial need, is required for scholarship consideration.
All registrations must be submitted no later than June 29.
A non-refundable $150 deposit is due at registration. Balance is due 14 days prior to starting camp.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to your arrival on campus.
"I loved my experience here. My counselors were great, caring and understanding, beautiful musicians and brilliant humans, true role models."
"I enjoyed this camp very much! I feel like I'm leaving a better musician and have been taught valuable information. All of staff were very nice, supportive, and helpful. I loved them all and the camp!"
"This camp has solidified my interest in studying music and I am really considering Susquehanna."
"I enjoyed the repertoire. It was diverse and varied while still being fun and challenging."
"All of the teachers were very informative and I feel that I have learned many new ideas and ways of understanding music."
"Thank you to the counselors and conductors for creating a great experience and working very hard to help make us better musicians."
"I have never been so inspired by a director. You have not just taught me to sing with confidence, but connect with the art and sing with passion."