Join Us June 25–July 1, 2023
Do you love to sing?
Then consider our High School Choral Institute, a unique summer performance experience. This residential program focuses on improving students’ musicianship, vocal technique and choral performance skills.
- Be free from distractions as you totally immerse yourself in music.
- Learn, polish and perfect choral repertoire with an emphasis on interpretation, style and presentation.
- Develop vocal performance skills in group and private settings.
- Strengthen basic musicianship (music theory, sight-reading, aural skills and solfege).
- Build relationships and valuable connections with peers and professional musicians.
- Develop audition repertoire and techniques for future musical endeavors.
- Acquire transferable skills: independence, creativity, problem-solving and teamwork in a musical setting.
- Gain insight into college music opportunities for both majors and non-majors alike.
Students entering grades 9–12 are invited to register. Registrants are asked to provide a completed recommendation form from a music teacher.
- Sing in the institute choir conducted by Dr. Amy Voorhees.
- Take classes in music theory, conducting, diction and voice science.
- Receive group vocal instruction from Susquehanna University voice faculty.
- Hear performances by Susquehanna students and faculty.
- Participate in the closing concert in our premier performing venue, Stretansky Concert Hall.
- Experience a week in the life of a Susquehanna music student.