Check Back In The Spring For Dates & Registration Details!
Do you love to sing?
Then consider our High School Choral Institute, a unique summer performance experience. This residential program focuses on improving students’ musicianship, vocal technique and choral performance skills.
- Be free from distractions as you totally immerse yourself in music
- Learn, polish and perfect choral repertoire with an emphasis on interpretation, style and presentation
- Develop vocal performance skills in group and private settings
- Strengthen basic musicianship (music theory, sight-reading, aural skills and solfege)
- Build relationships and valuable connections with peers and professional musicians
- Develop audition repertoire and techniques for future musical endeavors
- Acquire transferable skills: independence, creativity, problem-solving and teamwork in a musical setting
- Gain insight into college music opportunities for both majors and non-majors alike
Students entering grades 9-12 are invited to register. Registrants are asked to provide a completed recommendation form from a music teacher.
- Sing in the institute choir conducted by Dr. Amy Voorhees.
- Take classes in music theory, conducting, diction and voice science.
- Receive group vocal instruction from Susquehanna University voice faculty.
- Hear performances by Susquehanna students and faculty.
- Participate in the closing concert in our premier performing venue, Stretansky Concert Hall.
- Experience a week in the life of a Susquehanna music student.