Join Us From July 11-17, 2021
Calling all students interested in radio, television, journalism and public relations! With support of faculty and student mentors, you’ll create a digital portfolio throughout this weeklong program.
Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU faculty and produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast. Learn the art of on-air interviewing, unleash the power of Adobe Creative Suite, use production and editing software, and practice journalistic writing and formats.
Students entering grades 10-12 are invited to register.
Registration for the 2021 #GOMedia is now closed.
- Network with industry professionals, Susquehanna faculty and current communications students
- Create a digital portfolio of your week’s work
- Produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast
- Take an off-campus trip to a multimedia facility
- Unwind with two pizza parties
- Experience life in college residence halls and three meals a day in Evert Dining Room
- Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU professors
- Learn basic professional writing skills and formats
- Discover the important components of your discipline (radio, television, journalism, public relations)
- Unleash the power of Adobe Creative Suite and learn how to create polished print materials
- Attend an etiquette dinner
- Learn the art of on-air interviewing
- Better understand the use of social media in a professional setting
- Develop knowledge of editing and production software and understand the creative approaches needed for successful video content