June 23–29, 2024
Immerse yourself in the fast-paced world of media and communications. Produce live radio content on 88.9FM WQSU, Susquehanna University’s award-winning radio station, and learn cutting-edge audio and video production techniques. Unleash the design power of Adobe Creative Cloud and develop photography skills that will increase your knowledge of visual communication. You’ll understand the creative process successful brands use to persuade, inform, educate and entertain through the hands-on sessions presented by media professionals and full-time faculty.
You’ll also learn how to work with the media in a public relations and advertising role. Pitch story ideas, develop creative campaigns and learn how brands use effective storytelling to engage consumers.
Students entering grades 11–12 are invited to register.
The 2024 Summer Pre-College Program information and registration will be available soon. See below for a sampling of program highlights, information to know and instructors.
- Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU professors
- Produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast
- Learn journalistic writing skills and formats
- Learn how to create polished print materials with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Learn the art of on-air interviewing
- Better understand the use of social media in a professional setting
- Develop knowledge of editing and production software and understand the creative approaches needed for successful video content
- Create a digital portfolio of your week’s work
- Network with industry professionals, Susquehanna faculty and current communications students
- Visit an off-campus multimedia facility
- Experience life in college residence halls and three meals a day in Evert Dining Room
- Unwind with two pizza parties
- Attend an etiquette dinner