Join Us June 19–25, 2022
Immerse yourself in the fast-paced world of media and communications. Produce live radio content on 88.9FM WQSU, Susquehanna University’s award-winning radio station, learn cutting-edge audio and video production techniques and unleash the design power of Adobe Creative Cloud. You’ll understand the creative process successful brands use to persuade, inform, educate and entertain through the hands-on sessions presented by media professionals and full-time faculty.
You’ll also learn how to work with media in a public relations and advertising role. Pitch story ideas, develop creative campaigns and learn how brands use effective storytelling to engage consumers.
Students entering grades 10–12 are invited to register.
- Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU professors
- Produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast
- Learn journalistic writing skills and formats
- Learn how to create polished print materials with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Learn the art of on-air interviewing
- Better understand the use of social media in a professional setting
- Develop knowledge of editing and production software and understand the creative approaches needed for successful video content
- Create a digital portfolio of your week’s work Network with industry professionals, Susquehanna faculty and current communications students
- Take an off-campus trip to a multimedia facility
- Experience life in college residence halls and three meals a day in Evert Dining Room
- Unwind with two pizza parties
- Attend an etiquette dinner