Join Us From July 18–24, 2021
Think analytically and look beyond the obvious while deepening your understanding of astronomy, physics, math and team-building psychology.
You’ll work on a variety of practical and interactive activities throughout the week. Building the brain muscle is challenging. Working individually and in teams with other like-minded students makes the learning fun.
During this residential experience, you’ll practice and improve your problem-solving skills and meet other students who share your interests. SU faculty from various academic disciplines will introduce you to their areas of expertise, including:
- Digital electronics with Minecraft with Dr. Faust (physics)
- Building and competing with Gauss electromagnetic shooters with Drs. Zain and Everly (physics)
- Star gazing with Dr. Carter (astronomy and physics)
- Building and battling bots with Drs. Zain and Everly (physics)
- Dr. Brakke’s soap bubble and time travel research (mathematics)
Students entering grades 10-12 are invited to register.
Registration for the 2021 i-Engineer program is now closed.
- Participate in interactive, college-level workshops and group work.
- Experience the planetarium, star-gazing and telescope-making.
- Get creative with digital electronics playing Minecraft.
- Build your best car robots; accept-and win-the BattleBots challenge.
- Crack codes, discover clues and solve Escape Room mysteries