Join Us July 9–15, 2023
Think analytically and look beyond the obvious while deepening your understanding of astronomy, physics, math and team-building psychology.
You’ll work on a variety of practical and interactive activities throughout the week. Building the brain muscle is challenging — working individually and in teams with other like-minded students makes learning fun.
During this residential experience, you’ll practice and improve your problem-solving skills and meet other students who share your interests. SU faculty from various academic disciplines will introduce you to their areas of expertise, including:
- Digital Electronics with Minecraft with Dr. Faust (physics)
- Building and Competing with Gauss Electromagnetic Shooters with Drs. Zain and Everly (physics)
- Stargazing with Dr. Carter (astronomy and physics)
- Building and Battling Bots with Drs. Zain and Everly (physics)
Students entering grades 10–12 are invited to register.
- Participate in interactive, college-level workshops and group work.
- Experience the planetarium, stargazing and telescope-making.
- Get creative with digital electronics playing Minecraft.
- Build your best car robots; accept — and win — the BattleBots challenges.
- Crack codes, discover clues and solve Escape Room mysteries.
Sunday, 2:30–4:30 p.m.
Degenstein Campus Center, Mellon Lounge
Things to Bring
- Toiletry Items
- Snacks, drinks (if desired)
There is access to a small kitchenette with mini fridge, sink and microwave.
- Blanket or beach towel to sit on for outdoor movie night
- Casual clothing for classes and most scheduled events
- Tennis rackets, frisbees, etc. (if you enjoy playing)
- Writing folder/tablet, pens, pencils
- Laptop (not required)
- Alarm clock
- Spending money (for bookstore, evening snacks, if desired)
While there aren’t any campus health center services available for the Summer Pre-College Programs participants, program staff will have first aid kits for minor scrapes and scratches.
Should a program participant need any emergency attention, local hospitals and Care Centers are readily available. Parents/guardians will be contacted immediately to discuss options and insurance arrangements.
The Medical Form is a crucial part of any medical or emergency procedure and must be returned before the start of the program for the student to be considered fully registered.
Cars on Campus
If a student drives to campus for any of the Summer Pre-College Programs, the Event Management Office will hold the keys to the vehicle from Sunday afternoon to the following Saturday morning.
- Program participants are not permitted to leave campus unless the activity is part of the program’s schedule, and they are accompanied by student counselors or program directors.
- Violation of this or any other regulation established by the “Principles of Student Conduct” will forfeit a student’s participation in the program.
Cell Phones (please note)
Students may have access to their cell phones except for the following times: classroom and instruction sessions and guest speaker presentations, at which time cell phones must be put in silent mode or turned off. If you must reach your student during these times, please contact the Event Management Office at 570-372-4354.
Families can send mail to participants at the following address:
Event Management Office
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
To reach students on campus, please call:
- Event Management Office
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 1-5 p.m.
- University’s Main Switchboard
570-374-0101 (ask for the Event Management Office)
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Susquehanna University Campus Safety
570-372-4444 or 4428 (anytime)
The Final Day (Saturday)
Breakfast with University Faculty and Personnel; Final Presentations; and Check-Out
- Breakfast, hosted by the faculty of the sponsoring academic department, will be 8:30–9:30 a.m. for participants and their family members. It will be in the same building as check-in.
Program participants will have their final BattleBots competition and escape room activity on Saturday, 10–11:30 a.m.
Presentation Location: Fisher Science Hall
- An awards ceremony will immediately follow the competition, and will be in Faylor Lecture Hall, located in Fisher Science Hall.
- Parents/family members are encouraged to participate in the Saturday events and should make reservations for breakfast by indicating how many guests will attend on the registration form.
Students will check out from their rooms immediately after the awards ceremony on Saturday and must return room keys and meal tags at that time.
- Event Management staff will be available at the residence halls to facilitate check- out and collect keys, meal fobs, etc.
- Parents and students will receive a copy of the program’s week-long schedule during check-in.
Maps and Directions
520 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
View and download a printable campus map or click the button below to go to google to download and print driving directions.
As of March 31, 2022, Susquehanna University strongly recommends its overnight guests be up-to-date with the COVID-19 vaccination by the time they arrive on campus.
Susquehanna strongly recommends Summer Pre-College Program participants to test for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival to campus. Participants must follow masking protocols that may be in effect at the time of the camp.
If you have questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination recommendation, email Michelle Harman at email@example.com or call 570-372-4451.
*Participant safety is our highest priority. Susquehanna University reserves the right to cancel Summer Pre-College Programs, if necessary, in order to comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and recommendations and reserves the right to change course based on circumstances.
- Medical and Conduct Forms (PDF, Full Packet)
The $875 comprehensive fee includes room, meals and all program materials.
- Must register by July 3
Scholarships are available based on financial need and academic performance. No full-tuition scholarships are available.
A letter from your guidance counselor, indicating your eligibility for free/reduced lunch or other measure(s) of financial need, is required for scholarship consideration.
All registrations must be submitted no later than July 3.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to your arrival on campus.
Summer Pre-College Programs Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Susquehanna University reserves the right to cancel any Summer Pre-College Program. If Susquehanna University cancels the program you are registered for, you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the start of the program will be refunded in full.
- Refunds will not be provided for cancellations received fewer than 10 days prior to the program
- Early departures for reasons including but not limited to homesickness, parental request and failure to follow the program’s principles of conduct are not eligible for refund
- Refund requests may be submitted for early departures due to unforeseeable circumstances such as death in the immediate family or serious illness. Refunds will be reviewed and granted on a case-by-case basis.
Assistant Professor of Physics
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number 570-372-4007
Associate Professor of Physics
Department Head of Physics
Phone Number 570-372-4471