Check Back In The Spring For Dates & Registration Details!
A unique summer experience for students seeking a challenging and fast-paced business boot-camp experience! Live the life of an entrepreneur this summer with SU’s Sigmund Weis School of Business.
The Leadership Institute for Entrepreneurship (LIFE) provides high school students like you with an exclusive leadership opportunity to better prepare you for future success, whether you want to start a business or be more entrepreneurial in your life.
Working in a simulated entrepreneurial setting, you and your teammates will develop an idea to solve a problem, investigate the feasibility as a business, identify competitors, develop a website and prototype, and compete for a cash prize! During this exciting and challenging week, you will acquire leadership and team-building skills, develop new friendships and learn valuable lessons from the experts.
And because you will live with Susquehanna business majors in residence halls, you will hear firsthand what it’s like to go to the Sigmund Weis School of Business, a world-class undergraduate business school.
Students entering grades 10-12 are invited to register.
Highlights of the week include:
- Work with real entrepreneurs and expert professors to develop entrepreneurial skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Explore your business idea with new friends and developing the skills to bring a business to life
- Visit local businesses, including a family-owned amusement park
- Dining etiquette exercise to improve your networking and communication skills
- Formal end-of-session presentations to win cash prizes, sponsored by Wagner, Dreese, Elsasser & Associates, P.C.
- 8-8:45 a.m.- Breakfast
- 9-10 a.m.- Introduction to idea generation
- 10-10:15 a.m.- Break
- 10:15-11:30 a.m.- How to solve problems which can be turned into businesses
- 11:30-12:30 p.m.- Lunch
- 1-3 p.m.- Visit local business
- 3-4 p.m. How to build a 60-minute website
- 4-5:15 p.m.- Working in teams with your mentor
- 6-7:30 p.m.- Power dining and etiquette experience
- 8-9:30 p.m.- Talent show/outdoor movie on the lawn/ice cream social
- 10 p.m.- Group meeting
- Midnight- Lights out
- Emma Fleck, associate professor of entrepreneurship
- Lauren Smith ’13 Smith, founder of The Miss Cupcake Food Truck and field marketing manager at Burger King, Northeast, USA
- James Tierney, The Pennsylvania State University