Join Us June 25–July 1, 2023
Are you a music creator? Join us this summer!
Susquehanna University offers a unique summer experience for high school students. This residential program places artistic aspiration in the foreground, while providing practical how-to instruction in many aspects of music technology. Participants will work as a team in SU’s state-of-the-art recording studio to compose, record and edit music. There will also be time and support to pursue individual projects.
Students entering grades 9–12 are invited to register. Registrants are asked to submit a short essay describing their musical experiences and aspirations.
- Be free from distractions as you gain skills in music recording and production.
- Learn to use SU’s state-of-the-art recording studio.
- Receive instruction in several DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations).
- Develop your own voice through private composition lessons.
- Learn about professional opportunities in the field of music technology.
- Gain insight into college music opportunities for both majors and non-majors alike.
- Enjoy evening concerts of live electronic music.
Check-In at SU
Sunday, 2:30–4:30 p.m.
Degenstein Campus Center, Mellon Lounge
Things to Bring
- Toiletry Items
Blanket (if desired)
Linens, including sheets, a pillowcase, a thin blanket and towels will be provided.
Snacks, drinks (if desired)
There is access to a small kitchenette with mini fridge, sink and microwave.
- Blanket or beach towel to sit on for outdoor movie night
- Casual clothing for classes and social activities
- Tennis rackets, frisbees, etc. (if you enjoy playing)
- Writing folder/tablet, pens, pencils
- Alarm clock
- Spending money (for bookstore, evening snacks, if desired)
- Optional: Laptop computer for individual work. Computer labs are available on campus.
- Optional: Small personal instruments (i.e. guitar, ukulele, flute, fiddle, etc.)
While there aren’t any campus health center services available for the Summer Pre-College Programs participants, program staff will have first aid kits for minor scrapes and scratches.
Should a program participant need any emergency attention, local hospitals, and Care Centers are readily available. Parents/guardians will be contacted immediately to discuss options and insurance arrangements.
The Medical Form is a crucial part of any medical or emergency procedure and must be returned before the start of the program for the student to be considered fully registered.
Cars on Campus
If a student drives to campus for any of the Summer Pre-College Programs, the Event Management Office will hold the keys to the vehicle from Sunday afternoon to the following Saturday morning.
- Program participants are not permitted to leave campus unless the activity is part of the program’s schedule, and they are accompanied by student counselors or program directors.
- Violation of this or any other regulation established by the “Principles of Student Conduct” will forfeit a student’s participation in the program.
Cell Phones (please note)
Students may have access to their cell phones except for the following times: classroom and instruction sessions and guest speaker presentations, at which time cell phones must be put in silent mode or turned off. If you must reach your student during these times, please contact the Event Management Office at 570-372-4354.
Families can send mail to participants at the following address:
Event Management Office
Music Production Institute
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
To reach students on campus, please call:
Event Management Office
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 1–5 p.m.
University’s Main Switchboard
570-374-0101 (ask for the Event Management Office)
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Susquehanna University Campus Safety
570-372-4444 or 4428 (anytime)
The Final Day (Saturday)
Breakfast with University Faculty and Personnel; Final Showing; and Check-Out
- Breakfast, hosted by the faculty of the sponsoring academic department, will be 8:30–9:30 a.m. for participants and their family members.
- Program participants will present their final show on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Presentation Location: Stretansky Concert Hall
- Parents/family members are encouraged to participate in both events on Saturday and should make reservations for breakfast by indicating how many guests will attend on the registration form.
- Directions to the breakfast and the concert hall areas will be available at when parents register check-in on Sunday afternoon.
- Students will check out of their rooms immediately after the final showcase on Saturday and must return rooms keys and meal tags at that time.
- Event Management staff will be available at the residence halls to facilitate check-out and collect keys, meal fobs, etc.
- Parents and students will receive a copy of the program’s week-long schedule during check-in.
Maps and Directions
520 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
View and download a printable campus map or click the button below to go to google to download and print driving directions.
As of March 31, 2022, Susquehanna University strongly recommends its overnight guests be up-to-date with the COVID-19 vaccination by the time they arrive on campus.
Susquehanna requires Summer Pre-College Program participants to test for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the first day of camp or upon arrival to campus with a test provided by Susquehanna. Participants must follow masking protocols that may be in effect at the time of the camp.
If you have questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination recommendation, email Michelle Harman at email@example.com or call 570-372-4451.
*Participant safety is our highest priority. Susquehanna University reserves the right to cancel Summer Pre-College Programs, if necessary, in order to comply with local, state and federal guidelines and recommendations and reserves the right to change course based on circumstances.
- Medical and Conduct Forms (PDF, Full Packet)
The $875 comprehensive fee includes room, meals and all program materials.
- Must be registered by June 19.
Scholarships are available based on financial need and academic performance. No full-tuition scholarships are available.
A letter from your guidance counselor, indicating your eligibility for free/reduced lunch or other measure(s) of financial need, is required for scholarship consideration.
All registrations must be submitted no later than June 19.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to your arrival on campus.
Summer Pre-College Programs Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Susquehanna University reserves the right to cancel any Summer Pre-College Program. If Susquehanna University cancels the program you are registered for, you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the start of the program will be refunded in full.
- Refunds will not be provided for cancellations received fewer than 10 days prior to the program.
- Early departures for reasons including but not limited to homesickness, parental request and failure to follow the program’s principles of conduct are not eligible for refund.
- Refund requests may be submitted for early departures due to unforeseeable circumstances such as death in the immediate family or serious illness. Refunds will be reviewed and granted on a case-by-case basis.