July 14–20, 2024
Interested in expanding your skills in digital photography? Join us this summer for a fun and immersive week-long program that will explore a range of exciting photography techniques designed to challenge and inspire.
Each day, you will have an opportunity to put into practice the college level foundational skills discussed through hands-on workshops and field trips. With an emphasis on “learning to see,” you will experiment with historical and modern photo methods. And in addition to considering how basic composition can improve your images, you will also learn how to use Adobe Lightroom to enhance the results.
Hands-on workshops include painting with light, photographing landscapes and photographing animals during our wildlife safari. You will even learn how to use photography lighting to create a portrait in our classroom studio!
During this residential experience, you will participate in group critiques designed to improve your understanding of photography and inspire your creativity. The course will include daily assignments that will culminate with a group exhibition in our Art Studio of your best work.
- Must have a smartphone with a working camera and Adobe Lightroom mobile app (free version).
- A digital camera (Mirrorless, DSLR or point and shoot) is preferred but not required.
- Students entering grades 9–12 are invited to register.
- Explore historical photography methods
- Experiment with long exposure
- Develop a basic understanding of aesthetic principles of landscape photography
- Develop focused observational skills by “learning to see”
- Practice creating a portrait using studio lighting
- Acquire a foundational knowledge of visual storytelling
- A photo safari to a wildlife zoo