Join Us From July 18-24, 2021
Do you dream of working at a publishing house? Are you seeking a practical application for your love of reading and writing? Learn what it takes to produce and market a book in this hands-on, team-centered experience that features workshops, strategy sessions and guest speakers who are industry professionals.
This is a unique experience, as Susquehanna offers the only summer program in the country for high school students interested in book publishing. You’ll spend the week learning to think like a publisher and gaining valuable editorial and digital media skills.
Working in our dedicated publishing lab, The Letterbox, you and your teammates will create a book launch and marketing campaign for a trade book. Your team will come up with a book title and cover, determine the book’s audience, and create a digital presentation to sell the book to investors and consumers.
Along the way you’ll explore the book’s influence on society and culture, and develop your entrepreneurship and team-building skills. You’ll also hear from working professionals about career paths in publishing and how Susquehanna’s Publishing & Editing Program prepared them to do what they love: bringing literature into the world.
Students entering grades 10-12 in spring 2021 are invited to register.
Registration for the 2021 Publishing & Editing Institute is now closed.
- Attend workshops on digital publishing tools, marketing and book cover design
- Get advice and coaching from professionals in the industry
- Delve into sessions on entrepreneurial editing, book history and the impact of books on our culture
- Work on your projects in The Letterbox, our publishing and editing lab
- Have fun teaming up with other students who share your passion for books
- Visit local bookstores
- Participate in end-of-week formal book launch and marketing presentation