What to do at a College Fair
A great place to initially gather information is a local college fair or college night program, with representatives from several or even dozens of colleges. You should know some college representatives you may meet are alumni volunteers who enjoy sharing their collegiate experiences with prospective students, but may not be able to answer all your questions. Make note of which questions you will want to ask an admissions representative.
Questions you may want to ask at a college fair:
- I am interested in studying ________. Does your school offer a program in this area? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the program?
- What are your admission requirements?
- What is the enrollment? How many men? How many women?
- What is the average class size? What is the student to faculty ratio?
- What extra-curricular activities are available?
- I am a student-athlete. Do you have a __________ team? In what division do your teams compete?
- Does your school offer academic scholarships? Athletic scholarships? Music scholarships?
- Does your school have financial aid available?
- What type of student housing is there? Is it guaranteed for all four years?
- Does your school offer tutoring and counseling services? Are they free of charge?