- Majors & Minors
- Study Abroad
- Academic Calendar
- Central Curriculum
- Course Catalog
- Blough-Weis Library
- Center for Academic Achievement
- Honors Program
- Summer Session
- Graduate Results
- Success Stories
- Career Development Center
- Centers and Lectureships
- Academic Resources
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Admission Representatives by Region
- Housing & Dining
- Student Activities & Programs
- Fun On Campus
- Title IX
- Student & Campus Services
- Our Campus & Location
- Diversity Matters
- Our Leadership
- History and Traditions
- In the Community
- Title IX
Making SU Better, Not Bigger
Being a Champion for Growth isn't about making Susquehanna bigger. It's about making Susquehanna better, one student experience at a time. It's about cultivating lifelong connections to our alumni, and in turn, fostering a culture of success among our students.
Our alumni play a key role in that success. You strengthen the Susquehanna community with your service, your advice, your student recommendations, your school spirit, and your gifts. And as the university's reputation grows so, too, does the value of your degree.
Learn more by exploring the tabs below and start fulfilling the traditions of a Susquehanna Champion today! Our champions receive recognition in Susquehanna publications and on the Web, and will be invited to a premiere VIP event in their honor.
We recognize that many of you provide a great deal to Susquehanna that may not fit in the five required categories below. Please give Jodi Swartz in the Office of Alumni, Parent and Donor Engagement a call at 570-372-4115 to see how you can become a Champion by simply doing what you’re already doing!
How Do You Live Out SU’s Mission of Service in Your Life?
Demonstrate how you're living out the university's mission of service by dedicating the hours you volunteer each year to SU SERVE (Susquehanna Engaging in Regional Volunteer Experiences). Service activities you might consider dedicating include:
- Singing in a church choir
- Coaching a youth sports team
- Handling a therapy dog
- Serving as a classroom parent
- Assisting an elderly neighbor with yard work
- Serving on a board of directors
- Volunteering at youth organization refreshment stand
- Knitting prayer shawls
- Attend an SU service event on or off campus
- Sit on an SU board or regional alumni chapter
SU SERVE is not just for April anymore, either. Now you can submit your service hours all year long!
Goal of 125,000 hours
Help Us Recruit the Next Generation of Susquehannans and Advocate for SU's Future!
Know any high school students who would be a good fit for Susquehanna? Want to help them find their way to “old SU’s broad campus” by attending admissions events and welcoming new students? How about thanking someone at SU who made a difference in your life?
There are three ways you can fulfill the advocacy portion of Champions:
1. Know any high school students who would be a good fit for Susquehanna? We want to share information about your alma mater with the students you know.
2. Write a note to someone who made a difference for you at SU. We'll let them know and if there is information about this person you'd want to know, we'll tell you.
3. Would you be willing to advocate for SU by writing a welcome note to an incoming student or by representing SU at a college fair? Please let us know by completing a short check list.
Select an option in the form below and get started today!
Support the Difference Makers of Tomorrow
Providing students with a quality higher education in the 21st century requires the support of alumni who value their Susquehanna experience and understand that tuition dollars don't cover all the bills anymore, especially at a school that prides itself on being among the most economically diverse campus in the nation. Help us make a Susquehanna education possible for the difference makers of tomorrow by making a gift today. Goal: 2,200 donors.
Share Your Business Card and Advice!
Help us show current students what's possible after graduation. Share your business card, or connect with students in other ways and share your career advice.
There are two ways you can fulfill the Success portion of Champions:
1. Share your business card with us for a display at the Break Through alumni-student networking conference and other events. If you'd be willing to talk about your career, send some extra cards and we'll share them with students interested in your field.
2. Help students succeed in another way. Select an option in the form below and get started today!
Give Me An S! Give Me A U!
How do you show your school spirit and stay connected to your alma mater? Whether it's following SU on social media, sporting your orange and maroon swag or attending an event, we know you're exhibiting your Susquehanna pride at home, on the job and online. Tell us all about it!
There are three ways you can fulfill the Spirit portion of Champions:
1. Send us a photo of what you do to show off the Orange and Maroon: Wear SU apparel, use an SU coffee mug at the office, fly you alma mater’s flag in the yard, etc. Upload your photo here.
2. “Like” the Susquehanna University Alumni page or one of our regional alumni chapter pages on Facebook.
3. Attend an SU event on or off campus. As long as you have registered for the event, we have this information and can give you credit for the spirit portion of Champions.
These outstanding individuals have completed all five phases of our Champions for Growth for 2017-18:
Becky Bramer ’92 Deitrick
Ms. Lynn Buck
Kelly Bugden'02 Breckenridge
Linda Shultz '92 Forrest
President Jonathan Green
Linda Sodt '92 Kadar
Kim Stenman '07
Janet Wyllie '86 Lambert
Seniors, challenge yourself and your fellow classmates to collect all five traditions of a Susquehanna Champion. Get a ginkgo button for each tradition you complete. Complete all five and get a Champions cord for Commencement and an “I Got My Ginkgo at SU” T-shirt.Senior Champions
Learn about current priorities and how you can help us achieve them.
Honoring our rich athletics history by providing student-athletes with the resources and opportunities they need to excel.
Visit our online alumni community where you can register for events, submit a class note, view photo galleries and more.
Learn how a planned gift can establish a legacy for you at Susquehanna.
Read all about the people, places and events that shape the Susquehanna community.
See what fellow alumni are saying and posting about Susquehanna.