Campus safety and security is a shared responsibility led by the Susquehanna University Campus Safety Department. Our primary mission is to provide services for the university community that meet the highest professional standards, promote a safe and healthy environment for community members and visitors on campus, and support our overall academic mission. The office is committed to the principles of honesty, integrity, honor, fairness and respect in our interactions with those we serve.
In Case of Emergencies
- If possible, run away from the threat.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Call 911 to report the incident.
- If necessary, hide in an area out of the shooter’s view.
- Block entry to your hiding place and lock doors.
- Silence your cell phones and/or pager.
- Use fighting as a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger.
- Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
- Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter.
When law enforcement arrives:
- Remain calm and follow instructions.
- Put down any items in your hands (i.e. bags, jackets).
- Raise hands and spread fingers.
- Follow directions from officer(s).