About the Roadmap
Susquehanna University’s Sustainability Roadmap is a working document that outlines a forward-looking path to minimize our operational impacts, expand sustainability education and further embed a culture of sustainability within our campus community. This roadmap is a guide for all campus offices, departments and individuals to play a role in furthering our sustainability efforts.
This roadmap identifies six goals:
- Academics: Incorporate sustainability within the curriculum and scholarly activities.
- Collaboration: Strengthen sustainability culture through relationship-building.
- Communication: Optimize awareness and knowledge-sharing among internal and external audiences.
- Operations: Reduce our environmental footprint.
- Planning: Strategically use university resources to foster sustainability.
- Student Engagement: Provide meaningful sustainability-focused opportunities for students.
The following expands upon each goal through specific objectives and strategies. These are intended to complement our current sustainability efforts, to provide inspiration to campus community members and to suggest tangible ways to get involved.
Sustainability comprises a vast array of different topics, some of which are typically overlooked. To better focus our attention on these important topics, each goal contains strategies to highlight efforts to advance: social justice, global citizenship, and the economy.