Fall 2022 Move-In for New Students
Pre-Flight Participants: Sunday, Aug. 21 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Transfer Students: Wednesday, Aug. 24 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
First-Year Students (not registered for Pre-Flight): Thursday, Aug. 25
- Smith Hall: start at 7 a.m.
- Hassinger Hall: start at 7 a.m.
- Aikens Hall: start at 9:30 a.m.
- Reed Hall: start at 9:30 a.m.
Download the 2022 New Student Orientation Schedule with the button below.
Move-In Process for New Students
The 2022 residence hall opening begins Thursday, Aug. 25. All new first-year students will move into one of four halls: Aikens Hall, Reed Hall, Smith Hall or Hassinger Hall. Transfer students will be assigned to other halls based on class year. To accommodate all new students moving into residence halls, our move-in process proceeds on a staggered schedule which will be released over the summer.
All new students are required to participate in the four days of Take Flight Orientation, including early-arriving athletes, international students and commuting students. New residential students will receive orientation materials at their residence hall check-in.
Commuter students will receive their orientation materials on Thursday, Aug. 25, in the Degenstein Campus Center at the Hawk Hub, between 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., followed by lunch with the Commuter Student Organization at 12:30 p.m.!
Tagging Personal Items
Orientation Leaders and helpers will assist with move-in. They will do the heavy lifting for you!
All personal belongings and boxes must be clearly labeled with the following information prior to arriving on campus:
- Student name
- Student residence hall name
- Room number
To avoid unnecessary delays or misplacing of your personal items, please make sure to label your property according to this format prior to your arrival on campus.
Assistance for move-in will be available from 7 a.m. to noon. Students who arrive after this time will be responsible for moving their belongings into their rooms and locating scheduled events.
The campus radio station, WQSU-FM 88.9, will broadcast move-in instructions.
Drivers are advised to tune in for updates and announcements.
Click here to listen live to WQSU
Traffic Details from Campus Safety
Drivers are instructed to always remain with their vehicles and be alert for instructions from Campus Safety traffic directors. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended for any reason, as this causes unnecessary delays in the unloading process.
Campus Safety and the orientation staff will direct all vehicles to appropriate parking locations after hall drop-off.
Students: We strongly encourage you to have someone else be the driver of your car so that you can go into the residence hall while your vehicle is being unloaded. We need vehicles to be moved quickly to keep everything flowing — having a non-student driver will make the process smoother.
The Move-In Line begins at 313 University Avenue, Selinsgrove, PA 17870. We recommend using this address to aid in your directions. Traffic will be directed to access the Move-In Line from:
- Market Street to University Avenue
Please do not enter by way of Pine Street as this will significantly delay your process.
- Route 522 to University Avenue
Commuters and vehicles with Guests Only (no items to be moved in) will be directed to another lot instead of entering the Move-In Line (see placards below.)
Please view the Move-In Day Traffic Map below for more information. We thank you for following these directions to make your move-in as smooth as possible!
Click here to view the move-in day traffic map
Vehicles will be directed to their designated buildings using the following placards. Placards must be prominently displayed on the vehicle dashboard.
- Download the placard from the list below that matches your designated building and print in COLOR.
- Fold placard in half and place on the vehicle dashboard so volunteers can clearly see and guide you to your building.
- Please only enter the move-in line if you have items to be moved into a residence hall. Any vehicle without items to be moved into buildings will be directed differently — see below.)
- Guests Only: Please use the “Guests Only” vehicle placard for any additional vehicle that has only guests and nothing to be moved into the residence hall. (Guest Only vehicles will be directed to another parking area. Shuttles are provided to transport guests to their student’s residence hall.)