Fall 2023 Move-In for New Students
Pre-Flight Participants: Sunday, Aug. 20 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Transfer Students: Wednesday, Aug. 23 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
First-Year Students (not registered for Pre-Flight): Thursday, Aug. 24
- 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Smith Hall, Aikens Hall, Scholars Hall
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Reed Hall, Hassinger Hall
Check out the most up-to-date information on myNest under the Move-In tile and Take Flight Orientation tile. COMING SOON!
Move-In Process for New Students
All new first-year students will move into one of the following halls: Scholars House, Aikens Hall, Reed Hall, Smith Hall or Hassinger Hall. Transfer students will be assigned to other halls based on class year. To accommodate all new first-year students moving into residence halls, our move-in process proceeds on a staggered schedule (see above)
- Vehicles will be directed into the Move-In Line and will receive instructions from Campus Safety and orientation staff (see traffic details below).
- New first-year residential students will receive their residence hall and orientation materials at the Drive-Thru Check-In.
- Vehicles will be directed to their assigned residence hall to begin unloading. Once unloaded, vehicles will be directed to the nearest designated parking lot. Golf cart shuttles will be available to assist in getting you back to your hall.
Commuter students can pick up their orientation materials on Thursday, Aug. 24, in the Degenstein Campus Center at the Hawk Hub, between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., and are invited to lunch with the Commuter Student Organization at 12:30 p.m. at the Lunch on the Lawn (outside the Degenstein Campus Center).
Tagging Personal Items
Orientation Leaders and volunteers will assist with moving you in. They will help to unload your vehicle and take your items to your residence hall room!
All personal belongings and boxes must be clearly labeled with the following information prior to arriving on campus:
- Student name
- Student residence hall name
- Room number
To avoid unnecessary delays or misplacing of your personal items, please make sure to label your property according to this format prior to your arrival on campus.
Assistance for move-in will be available from 7 a.m. to noon. Students who arrive after this time will be responsible for moving their belongings into their rooms and locating scheduled events.
The campus radio station, WQSU-FM 88.9, will broadcast move-in instructions.
Drivers are advised to tune in for updates and announcements.
Traffic Details from Campus Safety
Drivers are instructed to always remain with their vehicles and be alert for instructions from Campus Safety traffic directors. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended for any reason, as this causes unnecessary delays in the unloading process.
Campus Safety and the orientation staff will direct all vehicles to appropriate parking locations after hall drop-off.
Students: We strongly encourage you to have someone else be the driver of your car so that you can go into the residence hall while your vehicle is being unloaded. We need vehicles to be moved quickly to keep everything flowing — having a non-student driver will make the process smoother.
The Move-In Line begins at 313 University Avenue, Selinsgrove, PA 17870. We recommend using this address to aid in your directions. Traffic will be directed to access the Move-In Line from:
Market Street to University Avenue
Please do not enter by way of Pine Street as this will significantly delay your process.
- Route 522 to University Avenue
Commuters and vehicles with Guests Only (no items to be moved in) will be directed to another lot instead of entering the Move-In Line (see placards below.)
Please view the Move-In Day Traffic Map below for more information. We thank you for following these directions to make your move-in as smooth as possible!
Vehicles will be directed to their designated buildings using the following placards. Placards must be prominently displayed on the vehicle dashboard.
- Download the placard from the list below that matches your designated building and print in COLOR.
- Place the placard on the vehicle dashboard so volunteers can clearly see and guide you to your building.
- To assist us with keeping the line moving, please only enter the move-in line if you have items to be moved into a residence hall. Any vehicle without items to be moved into buildings will be directed to the nearest designated parting lot.
*Guests Only: Please use the “Guests Only” vehicle placard for any additional vehicle that has only guests and nothing to be moved into the residence hall. (Guest Only vehicles will be directed to another parking area. Golf cart shuttles are provided to transport guests to their student’s residence hall.)