The mailroom distributes all United States Postal Service mail, 1st class, overnight, air and priority letters and packages. It also distributes intra-campus mail. It is located in the lower level of the Degenstein Campus Center across from the bookstore.
Student mailing addresses while at the university
[student name, ex: Benny Hawk]
1858 Weber Way, [Hawk#, ex: 104]
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Each student is assigned a Hawk number which will remain the same during their four-year enrollment at SU. The Hawk number should be used as part of the SU address to avoid delays in processing. To find your Hawk Number, go to mySU > Self-Service/Current Student/User Account. It will be listed under “My Hawk#”.
Receiving first class mail, subscriptions, FedEx, UPS, DHL & USPS packages
When an item arrives and is processed in our mailroom, an email notification will be sent to the student’s SU email account. The notification must come from the Campus Mailroom, not from carriers such as USPS, UPS and FedEx. Carriers often send delivered notifications before we receive/process packages.
Letters and small packages (not in the lockers)
- You will receive email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At the bottom of the email is a barcode.
- Present the email at the mailroom counter (make sure your phone is on light mode).
- We will scan barcode and retrieve your item.
Large package locker system
1. Install the Luxer One app
- Download and install the ‘Luxer One’ app (Apple App Store or Google Play).
- Open app and click ‘Create/Forgot Password.’
- Enter in the email address that is linked to your Luxer One account (where you receive your locker notification emails) and click ‘Submit.’
- Check your email for the link to create a new password and click on the button in the email.
- Type/retype in a new password and click ‘Reset Password.’
- Login to app with the new password you created and accept the terms.
Once you are logged in to your account, you will see your list of items waiting to be picked up from a locker.
2. Open your locker touch-free
Once your package is received in the mailroom, it will be assigned a locker. You will receive a package notification within seconds of it being placed in the locker. Pick up your package at your earliest convenience.
- At the mail room locker area, open the Luxer One app.
- Click the ‘Open Locker Door’ button in the app to automatically open the locker with your package(s).
- Grab your package(s) out. You can even nudge the locker closed with your elbow.
Problems? Use the 24/7 support chat feature in the app or ask for help at the mail room window during normal working hours.
To send packages
The mailroom provides most of the services available at the U.S. Post Office on a cash or check only basis and cannot make change for anything larger than a $20 bill. The mailroom stocks priority and express boxes, envelopes, packaging tape, CD mailers and packaging supplies for all USPS shipments.
Students can send packages via UPS and FedEx through the mailroom using cash or check.
Questions regarding the mailroom can be directed to 570-372-4231 or via email at email@example.com.
Mailroom Hours & Location
Degenstein Campus Center,