In accordance with Pennsylvania guidance, we strongly encourage college students and employees to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. Everyone age 16 and older is eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.
Choosing to get a vaccine marks an important step to protect your own health and the health of everyone around you as we continue to unite against Covid.
There are several places in our local community offering vaccines. The type of vaccine varies depending on availability. You will be informed which vaccine is being offered as you register for an appointment. If you are unable to schedule an appointment using the links below, you can reach out to email@example.com for additional assistance.
Employee Vaccinations and Summer Testing
All employees working on campus for the summer who have been fully vaccinated and have submitted a copy of their vaccination card are exempt from campus testing. All other employees will participate in the nasal-swab antigen testing program twice a week throughout the summer.
Whether you have had the vaccine or not, if you become symptomatic, consult your physician immediately and arrange for a Covid test. It is improbable that those who are vaccinated get infected, but still slightly possible. And everyone — vaccinated or not — please continue to wear masks and follow safety protocols.
Student Testing Exemptions for Full Vaccinations
If students have been vaccinated, email an image of your completed COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to firstname.lastname@example.org. Two weeks after your last shot, you will be exempt from testing protocols. If you still happen to get a testing request, please reply to the notice that you have already emailed a copy of your card.
If students are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated with a final dose for at least two weeks, they will continue to schedule twice weekly on-campus tests. Also, student-athletes are required to continue to be tested in compliance with NCAA guidelines, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated.
Whether you have had the vaccine or not, if you become symptomatic, contact the Student Health Center immediately to arrange for a Covid test. It is improbable that those who are vaccinated get infected, but still slightly possible.
Student Summer Requirements
Effective Monday, June 14, 2021, the following persons at SU will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, which is defined as at least two weeks after the final dose.
- All students living on campus this summer.
- Guests of student-residents will be permitted on campus if they are registered and fully vaccinated.
- Students who are fully vaccinated can gather in their campus home without masks as long as everyone in the group is vaccinated.
- Domestic travel restrictions are lifted for anyone fully vaccinated.
- All students working on campus this summer.
- All students ages 16 and over attending camps or pre-college programs on campus this summer. All students under 16 attending day camps must be tested upon arrival and throughout their camp, depending on the number of days they are on campus.
- All Admission visitors this summer will be required to be vaccinated, otherwise they will be tested upon arrival to campus (as was the protocol this spring).
In requiring a Covid-19 vaccine this summer, we are providing assistance as well as accommodating limited exemptions.
- Any student who needs helps arranging a vaccine appointment can contact email@example.com.
- A student living or working on campus this summer who is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or religious beliefs should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss potential options.
Any students with questions regarding the summer vaccination requirement should be directed to email@example.com. As always, questions also can be directed to the COVID phone line at 570-372-3333.
Fall 2021 Plan
A decision regarding vaccinations for the fall semester has not yet been finalized. Susquehanna will announce Fall 2021 vaccination plans by June 21.