Professors are delivering instruction online through the remainder of the semester. SU updates and resources regarding COVID-19 are posted here.
The situation around COVID-19 is constantly evolving. The information below reflects Susquehanna University’s best information as of the time posted. We will continue to update this site as information becomes available, so please revisit often.
Updated March 25, 12:00 p.m.
Current Status of Campus, Events, & Spring 2020 Courses
Responding to the critical need to support mitigation efforts to reduce the transmission of the coronavirus, Susquehanna has made difficult decisions that affect its students, faculty and staff, as well as our local partners.
- All instruction has moved to online delivery for the spring 2020 semester.
- Resources to support online learning are available on the technical resources page.
- Faculty continue to make plans to ensure that all students have the opportunity to successfully complete their coursework and graduate on time.
- Students’ accounts will be credited on a weekly basis a pro-rated amount for current-semester room and meal charges for each week they do not reside on campus in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the spring break extension week.
- Students currently living on campus may continue to do so.
- Students currently living on campus experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who have reason to believe they have been exposed should notify the Student Health Center at 570-372-4385 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. or 570-374-9164 after hours, as well as follow CDC Guidelines.
- The Hawk’s Nest is open on a limited basis, for takeout only.
- Health center and counseling center services remain available remotely. The FAQs has detailed information on how to access services.
- Faculty and staff experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who have reason to believe they have been exposed should notify Human Resources by completing this form and follow CDC Guidelines.
The most up-to-date information from the admission office for prospective and enrolling students.
The most up-to-date information for current SU students with information on resources, online coursework and financial questions.
- Schedules, Closures & Event Cancellations
- Technical Resources
- General Community FAQs
- Go Program Information
Communications & Updates
- March 22, 2020 - A Fireside Chat with President Jonathan Green
- March 21, 2020 - Room & Meal Credits…What You Need to Know - A Message from Justin Rummel Assistant, Vice President Student Financial Services
- March 20, 2020 - A Message to the Class of 2020 from your Senior Class President Devin Rossi and SGA President Donovan Gayles
- March 19, 2020 - A Message from President Green: Susquehanna extends online instruction for the entire spring semester
- March 18, 2020 - A Message to Families from VP for Student Life Susan Lantz
- March 18, 2020 - Landmark Conference cancels 2020 spring season
- March 17, 2020 - A Message from President Green to Faculty and Staff
- March 16, 2020 - A Message from President Green: Online instruction begins March 23; face-to-face classes resume April 6
- March 16, 2020 - A Message to Parents from VP for Student Life Susan Lantz
- March 13, 2020 - A Message to Students from Provost Dave Ramsaran
- March 12, 2020 - All Landmark Conference Events Postponed until April 5, 2020.
- March 11, 2020 - Students' Spring Break Extended One Week, Travel and Events Suspended
- March 5, 2020 - Coronavirus-Related Travel Restrictions and Information for Those Returning to or Visiting Campus from Abroad
- March 2, 2020 - Staying Healthy During Spring Break
- January 29, 2020 - A Message for Susquehanna about Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)