Faculty & Staff of Color
The mission of the Faculty and Staff of Color Group is to promote the interests and advocate for underrepresented members of the faculty and staff.
This organization was created to:
- Foster an open-minded environment in which issues of inclusive, equity and bias can be effectively identified, directly challenged and intelligently discussed.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and the discussion of issues of concern to faculty and staff of color.
- Promote the recruitment and retention, promotion and tenure, professional development, and advancement of faculty and staff of color.
- Provide a mutually supportive social and cultural community.
- Expand and strengthen the relationship and involvement of faculty and staff of color with the wider university community.
The LGBTQ+ group exists as a safe space for LGBTQ+ faculty and staff on campus to share joys and concerns and to advocate for inclusive policies and attitudes on campus.