Faculty and Staff of Color Group
The mission of the Faculty and Staff of Color Group at Susquehanna University is to promote the interests and advocate for underrepresented members of the faculty and staff.
This organization was created to:
- Foster an open-minded environment in which issues of inclusive, equity and bias can be effectively identified, directly challenged, and intelligently discussed.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and the discussion of issues of concern to faculty and staff of color at Susquehanna University.
- Promote the recruitment and retention, promotion and tenure, professional development, and advancement of faculty and staff of color at the University.
- Provide a mutually supportive social and cultural community for faculty and staff of color at Susquehanna University.
- Expand and strengthen the relationship and involvement of faculty and staff of color with the wider University community.
LGBTQ+ Faculty and Staff Group
The LGBTQ+ affinity group exists to create a space for LGBTQ+ faculty and staff on campus to share joys and concerns, and to advocate for LGBTQ+ inclusive policies and attitudes on campus.
We aim to:
- Promote visibility and community among LGBTQ+ faculty, staff and students across campus.
- Serve as a resource for current and prospective LGBTQ+ students.
- Foster a space for discussion and advocacy as it pertains to advancing the needs and equity of LGBTQ+ faculty, staff and students.
- Provide a supportive social community for LGBTQ+ faculty/staff at the University.
- Christiana Paradis, Director of Title IX Compliance
- Amir Rabiyah El-Chidiac, Research & Instruction Librarian, Assistant Professor
International Faculty and Staff Group
The International Faculty and Staff group exists to foster cultural exchange, build community, provide a forum for discussion, and to advocate for faculty and staff of international origin. The group strives to promote recruitment and retention, promotion and tenure, and advancement of International faculty and staff.
Providing a forum for discussion of issues related to diverse cultural traditions, work environments, and languages, IFS group seeks to make Susquehanna a truly diversity-friendly place to work in.