April 01, 2019
The Sigmund Weis School of Business Executive Council, a group of alumni advisors to the school, met in Manhattan on a snowy March day just before Dean Matthew Rousu spoke at an economic conference and then jumped on a red-eye flight to China to negotiate more international educational partnerships with Susquehanna.
Rousu says that getting advice and feedback from alumni leaders working in business and industry is critical to preparing students for future workplace needs. During the recent meeting, they provided important input about the university’s forthcoming strategic plan to both Rousu and Aaron Martin, vice president for marketing and communications. Rousu also reviewed updates about Sigmund Weis School majors, courses and opportunities for students.
“The council provides invaluable guidance into everything from current curriculum to future programs with a keen eye on what will be most valuable for our students,” Rousu says. “The perspectives they share with us benefit the school and provide strategies for how we can continuously improve.”
Rousu credits the council’s past input for the school’s push to expand international internship opportunities for business students. Council members also are providing useful insight into recruiting practices and training expectations of employers.
“I chose to serve as the junior member of the council, integrating my unique entrepreneurial background, to assist in elevating Susquehanna’s status as an elite undergraduate business school,” says Cade Vogelsong ’07, managing director of The Viking Group. “Under Dean Rousu’s direction, I believe that the Sigmund Weis School is poised to experience substantial growth with its program offerings and enrollment.”
Alumni Serving On The Council
- Tal Daley ’76, retired managing director, senior investment specialist, ClearBridge Investments
- Jason Eck ’05, vice president, prime service sales, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Lynda Guinan ’80, chief financial officer, Chiral Technologies, Inc.
- Amy Junger ’86, senior director, Publicis Sapient
- Gerohn Lanns ’04, financial accounting advisory services partner, EY
- Robert Leslie ’80, former chief investment officer, Patriot Wealth Management, Inc.
- Nicole Payne ’99, vice president, new product & vendor risk governance, American Express Co.
- Douglas Ralph ’82, retired chief financial officer, Carpenter Technology
- Anne Shire ’06, senior vice president, Northern Trust Corporation
- Cade Vogelsong ’07, managing director, The Viking Group