August 19, 2021
National Collegiate Rugby named 107 student athletes as 2020-21 Scholastic All Americans, including 14 Susquehanna students – the most of any university men’s program.
The 2020-21 group represents NCR’s inaugural naming of Scholastic All Americans. The program will become an annual recognition of NCR’s high performing student-athletes and is expected to grow as rugby clubs return to a normal schedule in 2021-22.
To qualify as a Scholastic All American, each student-athlete must have maintained a 3.5 GPA or higher for the academic year and actively participated in either an A-Side 15s, 10s, or 7s match with their school’s rugby program.
Susquehanna’s rugby scholars are:
- Andrew Snyder ’21, sports media
- Derek Borza ’21, physics
- Jake Atkinson ’21, finance
- Seamus Hanrahan ’21, finance
- Connor Van Zijl ’22, mathematics-secondary education
- John Salerno ’22, strategic communications-public relations
- Chris Kirwin ’23, political science and economics
- Gabe Peachey ’23, ecology
- Jacob Tomasulo ’23, economics and biology
- Robel Wondwossen ’23, computer science
- Sean McPherson ’23, communications-advertising and public relations
- Caleb Tyksinski ’24, history and political science
- George Andraos ’24, accounting
- Patrick Cross ’24, psychology
“NCR congratulates each of our Scholastic All Americans for their hard work and academic achievement. It’s been a particularly difficult year due to the COVID restrictions, but each of these student-athletes has demonstrated a strong commitment to learning while contributing to their team’s success on the pitch,” said Jeremy Treece, NCR CEO.