October 20, 2021
We Want to Celebrate Your Achievements!
From making the dean’s list and studying abroad to presenting your research and volunteering for a good cause, we want to celebrate your achievements! With the help of Meritpages.com, we celebrate your success like never before!
Not only will we continue to share the good news about your accomplishments with your hometown newspapers, we’ll create a customizable web page for your achievements that you can share with family and friends. What’s more, you can add a photo, other activities and work experience to your Merit page to create a positive online presence to show off to prospective employers, internship providers and graduate schools. Merit will even send a notice to your parents and high school each time you are granted an achievement so they, too, can share the good news on social media.
How It Works
The Office of Marketing & Communications publicizes many student achievements, based on information from campus departments and organizations. Announcements go to students’ hometown newspapers for publication and are published at susqu.edu.meritpages.com after a student has initially claimed their Merit page.
The Merit system automatically identifies all newspapers covering a student’s hometown area by ZIP code.
You will be notified of the announcement through your Susquehanna email, and be encouraged to share your accomplishments through social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Family and friends can also follow your Merit page and share the good news on social media.
You will be notified when someone chooses to follow you. You can manage your followers by logging in to your Merit account to view followers, follow back or block a follower.
Followers receive email updates when Merit grants you an achievement. All non-student followers must sign up to follow a student.
Claiming & Customizing Your Page
- Go to meritpages.com and search for your name. Or follow the link in the Merit welcome email you receive.
- Next to your name, find the option to claim your profile.
- Enter your Susquehanna email address and submit the form. Merit will send you a confirmation email with a link to finish the claiming process.
- Claim your Merit page using Facebook, Twitter or email, and follow the corresponding prompts. You will see several options regarding privacy settings and permissions.
- Once you claim your Merit page, you’ll enter your name and the email where you would like to receive achievement notifications. We encourage you to also add a photo, additional activities and work experience. Update and share your Merit page throughout your college career!
How it Helps You
Your Merit page creates a positive online identity to help ensure your future success. Decision-makers looking to fill their next internship, job or grad school class often research applicants online. Merit helps you be competitive by showcasing your accomplishments with official Susquehanna University badges authenticating each achievement.
Privacy & Opting Out
Merit and Susquehanna maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The information contained in your Merit profile, such as name, hometown, class year and major, is considered directory information and does not conflict with FERPA.
Opt out of the program at the bottom of a Merit email, on your Merit page or email your request to email@example.com.