Data Entry Support Specialist (PT)
Susquehanna University is seeking a part-time (20 hpw), non benefits-eligible data entry support specialist. Reporting to the assistant director of advancement services and working closely with the advancement office staff, the position is responsible for data entry and maintenance of constituent biographical and gift information. The position is also responsible for providing general administrative support to the department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating constituent records, including biographic and demographic information, relationship links, and general activity and events data
- Conducting basic address and phone number research on individuals and non-individuals using a variety of online sources to ensure data quality
- Coding and updating information returned via alumni and parent information update cards, returned mail, change of address notifications and the university’s online community
- Assisting with the receiving, entering, receipting and monitoring gifts to the university
- Contributing to the overall success of the advancement services department and the university relations division by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- On an annual basis, assisting with the registering and renewing of licenses for state solicitation and charitable gift annuity solicitation
A high school diploma or equivalent, plus two years of related experience is required. Demonstrated proficiency in general PC software required; proficiency in database management software and a general knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping principle preferred. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks are required. Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately.
Interested applicants should send a resume and the names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to:
Development Office, H13-021
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Electronic submissions preferred.
Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Job Code: H13-021
To ensure full consideration, please submit materials by Nov. 12, 2013. The position is open until filled. Additional information about the university can be found at www.susqu.edu. Susquehanna University is committed to creating a more diverse community. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an EO/AA employer.