The Center for Academic Success (CAS) is for everyone.
- Whether you need help or want to keep succeeding.
- 76% of top users are in good academic standing.
- 30% of top users earn 3.0 or above.
The CAS offers more than tutoring. We can help you:
- Learn more effectively by building on your strengths.
- Navigate academic policies and processes.
- Stay academically motivated with a life/study balance.
The CAS's services are free.
- Private academic support services could cost you at least $20-60 per hour, but as a Susquehanna University student, you pay nothing.
We help you get results on your scholarly journey. The sooner you visit us, the faster we can help you excel. In addition to tutoring, learning support, and disability services, we offer you a stress-free environment of professionals and trained peers who are ready to help you succeed.
The CAS offers help for students looking to improve their foundational academic skills. Our academic skills peer tutors work collaboratively with other SU students to provide individual and group sessions to enhance their skills to become more successful and independent learners.
Academic skills peer tutors:
- Help students develop new skills or build on what they already know including time management, organization, college-level reading, notetaking, test preparation, etc.
- Assist students in creating study groups and successfully navigating group work
Request an appointment or drop by the CAS during the following times to meet with an academic skills tutor:
- Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Students on Academic Probation
Please visit the Academic Probation and Suspension page. Academic skills peer tutors and/or subject-specific tutors are strongly recommended for students on academic probation and warning.
The CAS hosts writing, math, languages, international (ELL) and academic skills tutoring. Tutors are students who work collaboratively with other SU students to provide individual and group tutoring sessions to enhance their skills in specific subjects to become more successful and independent learners.
Peer tutors assist students by reviewing materials, clarifying problems and discussing course content while maintaining a professional attitude and helpful demeanor.
Get one-on-one advising and learn valuable skills that help navigate a lifetime of job searches and career shifts.
Choose from more than 60 majors and minors! There’s something for everyone at Susquehanna.