I grew up an only child on a large family farm in western Pennsylvania and found my passion in tenth grade when my English teacher tapped me to be the editor of our high school yearbook. The thrill of creation-writing, design and photography-became the basis of my education and the foundation of my successful career as an entrepreneur, a public relations practitioner and a teacher.
After honing my PR skills at a Washington, DC-based non-profit, I spent over a decade as the president of the Butler County Chamber of Commerce and Tourism, where I also hosted local radio and television programs and managed the county’s Bicentennial Celebration.
I completed my master’s degree at Duquense University in Pittsburgh and began my own PR consulting business focused on non-profit communications, campaign strategy and creative print collateral. I was honored to be named one of Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business by then-Gov. Edward G. Rendell in 2008. Owning my own business has allowed me to pursue another passion-teaching, and I have taught at Slippery Rock University, Butler County Community College and Messiah College. Here at SU, I have been an adjunct since 2008 and a visiting lecturer since 2012.
I am a hard-working mom of twin, third-grade boys, and I love life in Central PA since our family relocated here in 2006. My students know that I am a die-hard Pittsburgh sports fan and an avid follower of all things pop culture.
I am truly grateful to have the opportunity to share my enthusiasm of communications with SU students and to bring real-world challenges and examples into my classroom each and every day. My passion for excellent writing, creative delivery of messages and innovative branding makes my time with students or with clients productive, energetic and fun.
- COMM-323: Computer Design Skills
- COMM-321: Crisis Management
- COMM-201: Ethics and Leadership
- COMM-502: Individual Investigation
- COMM-211: Intro to Advertising & Public Relations
- COMM-102: Methods of Adobe Creative Suite
- COMM-501: Practicum - PRSSA
- COMM-501: Practicum-PRSSA
- COMM-217: Principles of Advertising
- COMM-211: Public Relations
- COMM-314: Public Relations Writing and Campaigns
- COMM-322: Strategic Event Management
- COMM-500: Strategic Event Management