June 23–29, 2024
A unique summer experience for students seeking a challenging and fast-paced business boot-camp experience. Live the life of an entrepreneur (or an entrepreneurial thinker) this summer with Susquehanna’s Sigmund Weis School of Business. The Entrepreneurship Institute provides high school students like you with an exclusive leadership opportunity to better prepare you for future success, whether you want to start a business or be more entrepreneurial in your life.
Working in a simulated entrepreneurial setting, you and your teammates will develop an idea to solve a problem, investigate the feasibility as a business, identify competitors, develop a website and prototype and compete for a cash prize! During this exciting and challenging week, you will acquire leadership and team-building skills, develop new friendships and learn valuable lessons from the experts.
And because you will live with Susquehanna business majors in residence halls, you will hear firsthand what it’s like to go to the Sigmund Weis School of Business, a world-class undergraduate business school.
Students entering grades 9–12 are invited to register.
The 2024 Summer Pre-College Program information and registration will be available soon. See below for a sampling of program highlights, information to know and instructors.
- Work with real entrepreneurs and expert professors to develop entrepreneurial skills and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Explore your business idea with new friends and developing the skills to bring a business to life.
- Visit local businesses, including a family-owned amusement park.
- Participate in a power dining and etiquette exercise to improve your networking and communication skills.
- Conduct formal end-of-session presentations to win cash prizes, sponsored by Wagner, Dreese, Elsasser & Associates, P.C.
- 8–8:45 a.m. — Breakfast
- 9–10 a.m. — Introduction to idea generation
- 10–10:15 a.m. — Break
- 10:15–11:30 a.m. — How to solve problems that can be turned into businesses
- 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — Lunch
- 1–3 p.m. — Visit local business
- 3–4 p.m. — How to build a 60-minute website
- 4–5:15 p.m. — Working in teams with your mentor
- 6–7:30 p.m. — Power dining and etiquette experience
- 8–9:30 p.m. — Talent show/outdoor movie on the lawn/ice cream social
- 10 p.m. — Group meeting
- Midnight — Lights out