After careful consideration, we have decided it’s best to cancel this in-person program scheduled for this summer. This was a very hard choice to make, but we think it’s the best decision, given the current situations all around the country due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Full refunds will be given in the coming days. Please feel free to contact Michelle Harman if you have any questions surrounding this cancellation.
While our in-person programs are cancelled, we are still running our online Summer Session for-credit courses which include languages, communication, and science courses with lab credits just to name a few. Click here to view our Summer Session offerings.
Stay well and know that we appreciate your interest in Susquehanna University.
Join us from July 5-11, 2020
Calling all students interested in radio, television, journalism and public relations! With support of faculty and student mentors, you'll create a digital portfolio throughout this weeklong program.
Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU faculty and produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast. Learn the art of on-air interviewing, unleash the power of Adobe Creative Suite, use production and editing software, and practice journalistic writing and formats.
Students entering grades 10-12 are invited to register.
Highlights of the week
- Network with industry professionals, Susquehanna faculty and current communications students
- Create a digital portfolio of your week's work
- Produce a live, one-hour radio broadcast
- Take an off-campus trip to a multimedia facility
- Unwind with two pizza parties
- Experience life in college residence halls and three meals a day in Evert Dining Room
- Attend daily workshops and seminars led by media professionals and SU professors
- Learn basic journalistic writing skills and formats
- Discover the important components of your discipline (radio, television, journalism, public relations)
- Unleash the power of Adobe Creative Suite and learn how to create polished print materials
- Attend an etiquette dinner
- Learn the art of on-air interviewing
- Better understand the use of social media in a professional setting
- Develop knowledge of editing and production software and understand the creative approaches needed for successful video content
Comprehensive fees include room, meals and all program materials.
- Before May 1: $875
- After May 1: $1,025
Scholarships are available based on financial need and academic performance. No full-tuition scholarships are available.
A letter from your guidance counselor, indicating your eligibility for free/reduced lunch or other measure(s) of financial need, is required for scholarship consideration.
All registrations must be submitted no later than June 29.
A non-refundable $150 deposit is due at registration. Balance is due 14 days prior to starting camp.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to your arrival on campus.